Sign in to follow this  
mars

Barry Cryer RIP

He was a great friend. You always knew it was Barry calling because it was the landline ringing. But, in spite of his technophobia, he never got fixated on the past, he was always alert to new things and new people, and he couldn't have been more encouraging of new talents. If you did a show with him, the most entertaining part was when he was taking a break outside for a ciggie - that's when the funniest stories got told. He was a really genuine, nice person.

RIP, great comedy writer for 70 years from the old school when comedy was changing a lot with the likes of The Frost Report, i was only recently watching him a programme that was on each day discussing various comedians from the past. 

Just signed in to say gutted, man was a writing genius, always came across as one of the good ones, very positive about new comedy.

He told a joke about Joan Collins once, with word Cockatoo in it that I remember had me in stitches, fucked if I can remember the gag though.

RIP

Him singing "Fight For The Right To Party" to the tune of "Danny Boy" nearly made me crash my car I was laughing so much.

A funny man and a very sad loss.

• Upvote 1