You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Crystal Palace 1 Liverpool 3 - Match Reaction

tlw content

A hard fought victory after a game of two halves. The Reds started brilliantly but faded and needed heroics from Alisson to preserve a huge three points to close the gap on Man City to within single digits.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by Stu Montagu and John Gallagher to go through all of the talking points, including a couple of contentious decisions that went our way, as well as Ox stepping up and ensuring we haven't missed the AFCON boys.

And as the conversation went off on a tangent, the lads pondered; if Liverpool didn't exist and you were forced to support another Premier League, who would it be?

View full article

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic
1 minute ago, shouter said:

Dave can someone explain to me if there is a rule that if the ball is gone after being clattered by an oppo player that it’s not a pen? When did that come in?

It's not a rule and it's also completely arbitrary. Remember Alisson being penalised after Barnes lobbed the ball over him into the Anny Road and they collided?

I also remember United (Rashford I think) getting a pen after he got a shot away, missed, and was caught about a second later. Yet 9 times out of 10 you get away with that.

28 minutes ago, dave u said:

Post your answers in here then. If LFC disappeared overnight and you were forced (ie you have no choice) to support another PL side, who are you picking?

I know Stu recanted that almost instantly, but I'd probably say Leeds. My favourite away ground and a good game to watch every week. With the gun to my head obviously. Maybe Wolves, just because it's 40 minutes on the train from Shrewsbury once I move back there. I just can't see me ever being able to give a fuck either way about Palace, Brighton and Brentford, as good suggestions as they were.

I'd probably go for palace too because of that great banner they had when they played Newcastle recently, their LGBT group released a statement too which was great. Also they have beef with united fans over the Cantona incident. I don't mind Spurs either my dad is a Spurs fan so maybe them.

It’s Palace isn’t it. However, take the “gun to the head” bit out and I’d probably

just fuck it all off if Liverpool didn’t exist. Just not arsed about any other football. I could see me possibly going to watch Tranmere but I can’t see how I’d possibly care about it. 

• Upvote 1

On 24/01/2022 at 16:07, dave u said:

Post your answers in here then. If LFC disappeared overnight and you were forced (ie you have no choice) to support another PL side, who are you picking?

Not going to be a popular choice, but mine would have to be Newcastle where I was born.  Luckily, I moved to Dublin when I was 2, then Melbourne until I was 5 and then we moved back to England and settled in Liverpool (Blundellsands) for a few years before moving back to Newcastle.  By that point, I was a Red.  

My Dad supports Spurs but fuck that.

On 24/01/2022 at 16:07, dave u said:

Probably Brighton, due to living just up the road for a while (not any more though), it's a great city and the fans aren't a bunch of pure dickheads.

But genuinely, not sure it would be anyone in the PL. My love of LFC has all grown from childhood inspiration and I can't really see that being replaced. Would happily step off and focus on following the rugby and going to the odd local game (Tiverton, Willand, Torquay, Exeter, maybe even Bristol).

• dave u unpinned this topic