You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cardiff (H) – FAC 4th Rnd, Sun 6th Feb 2022 (12:00pm)

Trumo

Both decisions could have gone either way  and VAR wouldn’t have reversed either call by the ref . Being a big club at home live on the box may have swung it our way . 
All you can draw from it that both Konate and Kellegher made bad decisions and they need to learn from them . Next time it could well be very costly 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Both decisions could have gone either way  and VAR wouldn’t have reversed either call by the ref . Being a big club at home live on the box may have swung it our way . 
All you can draw from it that both Konate and Kellegher made bad decisions and they need to learn from them . Next time it could well be very costly 

Kelleher yes but I dont know how Konate could change his action. He was chasing down his man who then just ran across his path. If he was to change his action the only option would be to let the attacker go without attempting to challenge.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

The refs seem to have a huge unwritten set of explanatory guidelines about those tackles. Sometimes any tackle appears to be fine so long as the victim's foot is off the ground. Sometimes any tackle is okay so long as it doesn't break any bone. And Peter Walton and other ex-refs have said that yesterday's tackle was okay because it was ankle high rather than shin or knee high. On the other hand, of course, any of these tackles could be a red if the ref thinks it is. So that's cleared that up!

So really it is down to the ref on the day. I thought the lad yesterday wasn't bad tried hard to let the game flow and didnt flash cards all over the place.

17 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Minamino has now scored 6 goals with 2 assists from 17 starts. Not too bad as a squad player being used in differrnt positions.

He does have an eye for goal but his general play and influence just isn't good enough sadly.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

He does have an eye for goal but his general play and influence just isn't good enough sadly.

I do agree we should see a lot more from him, but he does offer a lot more than Firmino these days.  When the axe falls for one of them, I hope it’s Firmino - we’re getting nothing from him.  Having said that, when the two big lads are back, neither of the inos should be playing.  

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Kelleher yes but I dont know how Konate could change his action. He was chasing down his man who then just ran across his path. If he was to change his action the only option would be to let the attacker go without attempting to challenge.

The attacker did his job and cut in front of Konate in the box, From there on there wasn't much he could do without giving away a pen . Sometimes backing off a bit is the least worst option . I doubt he would have scored anyway.

Konate needs to learn a bit more from Virg  

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Maybe not good enough to start but he is worth a spot on the bench right now.

I agree. I think people just expected too much from that signing. He cost £7.25m. In English leagues you'll be lucky to get a half-decent player from the Championship at that price. And what do you need in a squad, apart from definite starters? Good players who will be prepared to sit on the bench for lots of games, keep professional and do a decent job when they get a chance. That's surely pretty much where he is? Yes, you'd like him to find a niche in the team and be more consistent, but as a squad player I don't think he's been a bad signing at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I agree. I think people just expected too much from that signing. He cost £7.25m. In English leagues you'll be lucky to get a half-decent player from the Championship at that price. And what do you need in a squad, apart from definite starters? Good players who will be prepared to sit on the bench for lots of games, keep professional and do a decent job when they get a chance. That's surely pretty much where he is? Yes, you'd like him to find a niche in the team and be more consistent, but as a squad player I don't think he's been a bad signing at all.

A think a lot of people forget how low cost he was.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

The attacker did his job and cut in front of Konate in the box, From there on there wasn't much he could do without giving away a pen . Sometimes backing off a bit is the least worst option . I doubt he would have scored anyway.

Konate needs to learn a bit more from Virg  

But refs are not giving pens when attackers change lanes and initiate contact. I think if he backed off he would be slated in here.

15 hours ago, stringvest said:

I do agree we should see a lot more from him, but he does offer a lot more than Firmino these days.  When the axe falls for one of them, I hope it’s Firmino - we’re getting nothing from him.  Having said that, when the two big lads are back, neither of the inos should be playing.  

I’m not Bobby’s biggest fan around, but if I had to chose I’d personally keep him before Taki. Taki is just a bit too slow and too weak for the PL IMO. He’d be great in Italy or Spain. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I’m not Bobby’s biggest fan around, but if I had to chose I’d personally keep him before Taki. Taki is just a bit too slow and too weak for the PL IMO. He’d be great in Italy or Spain. 

I agree re Minamino's shortcomings , but suppose the argument could be that Bobby is older , on far more money , would probably produce a bigger fee and is probably offering less than Taki at present.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I agree re Minamino's shortcomings , but suppose the argument could be that Bobby is older , on far more money , would probably produce a bigger fee and is probably offering less than Taki at present.

Yeah maybe, Taki scores his goals against lower league teams and seconds, so it’s really hard to make a like for like comparison. The biggest problem with Bobby is bar the away game against Stoke in 2016, he’s generally awful coming on off the bench, so he wouldn’t make a good squad player. Best solution is to sell both and buy someone who younger who could play all three positions like Bowen. 

• Downvote 1

On 07/02/2022 at 18:03, gkmacca said:

Whenever he's had a chance this season he's always put a shift in and made the opposition defence uncomfortable; that's all I ask of a squad player in his position.