You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jan 17-21 2022)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Monday Jan 17:

So Rafa has been sacked and, incredibly even by Everton’s standards, Roberto Martinez is the favourite to replace him. The same Martinez who Moshiri sacked after huge fan protests, and the same Martinez that took them to court because they didn’t pay him enough when they sacked him. That Blue who said last week that he’s convinced this is some kind of social experiment to see how far a group of fans can be pushed before breaking, well I think he’s onto something.

I’m almost at the stage where I don’t even think it’s funny. I’m close to getting annoyed by this shit now, kind of like how Arsenal’s frequent bottle jobs leave me more disgusted than amused. Everton’s continued incompetence is almost approaching the point where it isn’t funny, but its not there yet so hahahahahahah.

Is there a worse run club in football? Half a billion quid spent to get worse. Averaging more than one manager every year, at least half of whom had really good track records until they arrived at Goodison. They appointed a manager that the fans despised (other than Dalglish and Gerrard - who would never have gone there anyway - they literally couldn’t have made a more unpopular choice) and they let him go through the staff like a dose of salts. Scouts were sacked, medical staff were sacked, the director of football was sacked and they let him sell their best player to Gerrard. They also let him buy two new full backs a week before sacking him.

Remember when Kenwright said a director from another club said to him that they ask themselves “what would Everton do, because they always get it right?”. Fucking hell, that’s his best one ever.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are supposedly wanting the semi postponed. The suggestion is they want it rearranged for during the international break, when we’ll be missing the three Brazilians. Cheeky twats. Not a chance in hell that happens because the EFL aren’t hamstrung by their own poorly written rules like the PL are. 

I’m sick of people defending Arsenal (and others, like Leicester for example) and saying they’re just taking advantage of an opportunity presented to them by the PL’s incompetence. Fuck off. There’s no honour here at all. Teams were having games called off because of COVID cases and then all of a sudden cunts like Leicester started trying it on and because they were allowed to get away with it, the likes of Arsenal are now taking the piss as well.

We played against Spurs despite losing our entire midfield. We played against Chelsea despite losing key players and our manager. The game we had called off was only because the training ground was closed and half the squad were isolating (doesn’t matter whether the positives were accurate or not, you still have to then follow protocol). We literally couldn’t play the game even if we wanted to pick kids, because none of them had been able to train that week either.

Yet somehow we’re still the focus of a load of misdirected anger and some cunts are using us as the justification for these other chancers who are calling games off when they only have one or two COVID cases. We’re gonna fuck Arsenal on Thursday and it’s going to be satisfying as hell.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

We're blessed with left backs at the moment. Scanlon is looking really good, so mature for a 16 year old. Then there's Owen Beck, plus obviously Kostas and Robbo. Jake Norris has been looking decent there, too, but I'm not sure left back is his best position. And we've got Adam Lewis on loan, but I think his moment has been and gone. The u18s are really good to watchand the Youth Cup team is also bolstered by the lads who have been moved up to the u23s. Could be some game against Chelsea in the next round.

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic