You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Greatest Music Video - Round 1 - Group H

Bjornebye

The GF's Greatest Music Video - Round 1 - Group H  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

• I Won't Let You Down - OK Go
    • Walk This Way - Run DMC Ft Aerosmith
    • It's Like That - Run DMC vs Jason Nevins
    • Nothing Compares - Sinead O'Connor
    • Somewhere Only We Know - Lily Allen
    • Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/22 at 13:11

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, it's crap too. Definitely less offensive to my ears though.

I will concede that the OK go songs aren't particularly good and that I particularly despise both Keane and Lily Allen. But nonetheless I think it should all be on the video and that's where I think OK Go generally standout. This isn't one of their very best in my opinion but still wipes the floor with the vast majority of fairly template music videos.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I will concede that the OK go songs aren't particularly good and that I particularly despise both Keane and Lily Allen. But nonetheless I think it should all be on the video and that's where I think OK Go generally standout. This isn't one of their very best in my opinion but still wipes the floor with the vast majority of fairly template music videos.

This. Some people must be voting for the song. What’s so special about the Sinead O Connor video ? It’s just a head shot of a bald woman singing a cover version. How is that one of the greatest videos of all time ? 

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

This. Some people must be voting for the song. What’s so special about the Sinead O Connor video ? It’s just a head shot of a bald woman singing a cover version. How is that one of the greatest videos of all time ? 

I voted OK Go and Sinead. The story with that video is she had just lost her mum so the tears are absolutely genuine, so it's pretty moving.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I voted OK Go and Sinead. The story with that video is she had just lost her mum so the tears are absolutely genuine, so it's pretty moving.

I don’t think she liked her mum that much, her memoir talks a lot about her abusive childhood after her dad left. She’s a deeply troubled women and her 17 year old son just killed himself. It’s all very sad. Still it’s a shit  video. 

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The Ok Go videos are decent but people are picking their preferred video and if that means some vote for one based on what it means to them or their memories of it then thats up to them. That Sinead O'Connor video is genuinely moving. I voted for it because it reminds me of my childhood (yeah it was always on MTV they may as well have called it bald tv for a year or so) and I personally think it should go through here as do another 15 of us. Sorry if that offends your little hi-tec mumford and sons. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I don’t think she liked her mum that much, her memoir talks a lot about her abusive childhood after her dad left. She’s a deeply troubled women and her 17 year old son just killed himself. It’s all very sad. Still it’s a shit  video. 

It's still her mum, even if she was shit and not close to her I guess.

I actually thought this was a fairly decent round so not too offended by OK go not going through as I think they have done better videos.

On 22/01/2022 at 14:48, SasaS said:

Walk This Way and Nothing Compares to U2, I've gone very mainstream.

I've never heard of OK Go before, but they were really trying hard with these videos. Very, very hard.

Bono's hat is being flown first class from Milan to your house, as i type this.

• Upvote 2

On 23/01/2022 at 09:35, Remmie said:

Not quite "just" lost her Mum. It actually happened five years previously, but she conjured up the sadness of that incident, or something. To be fair, I just have to think of Heather dying in Highlander and i'm close to tears.

29 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Not quite "just" lost her Mum. It actually happened five years previously, but she conjured up the sadness of that incident, or something. To be fair, I just have to think of Heather dying in Highlander and i'm close to tears.

They had Champ on behind the camera. Not our @Champ (stood there going "see you baldy, I'll see ye ootside the noo"), the film.