You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal 0 Liverpool 2 (Jan 20 2022)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Vindication! That’s what I’m feeling right now. As shite as we were last week I said we’d go to the Emirates and take care of it because we’re miles better than Arsenal, with or without Sadio and Mo. The lads know it too. They were probably as pissed off as any of us that they somehow allowed that bunch of fucking losers to escape Anfield with a draw.

I know I go on a lot about the complete lack of respect I have for this Arsenal team and you’re probably sick of it, but honestly, not beating them would have been a scandal that I’d have struggled to ever forgive. I still bristle any time I think of them beating us in our title winning season. I also bristle remembering how they celebrated it, the self satisfied pricks.

They over celebrated last week too. 0-0 at half time and they're acting like the job is done. Then you've got that Ben White turd laughing at Taki when he missed that late chance. The fucking nerve of ANYONE from Arsenal laughing at ANYONE from Liverpool. Who the fuck do they think they are? This is why they're shit. They think they're better than they are and have massive delusions of grandeur. 

We’re better than Arsenal in every single area of the park. The only one of their players I’d look twice at would be Saka (Martinelli is decent too but he’s always injured) and their manager is a complete phoney. Even the keeper who they're creaming themselves over, I wouldn't even take him over Kelleher.

Arsenal's shitness offends me in so many ways. Let me put it this way. You know how on old school video games at the end of each level there was a boss that you’d have to beat? I’m talking about games like Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, that kind of thing. Sometimes you’d beat the boss, sometimes you’d lose to the boss.When you lost to the end of level boss of course it was disappointing, infuriating, whatever, but you also know that it’s tough and that there’s no disgrace in losing to the boss. 

Losing to Chelsea in the final would come into that category. Chelsea are an end of level boss that you need to beat.

To get to that boss, however, you have to beat up a load of bums who will generally die when you hit them once or twice. They aren’t there for any other reason other than to make up the numbers and to help you hone your skills for when the big test arrives. Any time I got killed by one of those it was purely down to carelessness and I’d be furious with myself. That’s Arsenal. 

One or two punches kills them and there’s absolutely no excuse for ever letting them even get one hit in, let alone ending your game. They’re the only team to lose to Everton in the last six months or something. Remember that. That’s who Arsenal are. Losers.

And I’m delighted to say we showed that in this game. We weathered a bit of an early… I don’t want to say storm as that would be overstating it, so I’ll say it was an early breeze. Arsenal came out with their tails up, no doubt boosted by their cute little pre-match light show that I assume was inspired by an Elton John concert or something. Looked like loads of them were holding up lighters but it was probably just the lights from their phones, as no-one loves filming the match quite like Arsenal fans.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
32 minutes ago, jonnyp said:

Once VAR gave Diogo’s second goal and the celebrations started again, I got the distinct impression that Milner was pulling everyone into the mix to waste some more time. I hope so.

Milner is our top shithouser. I thought it was hilarious watching the Arse fans go mad as we wasted as much time as we could reasonably get away with. The contrast to their reaction to their own team doing worse at Anfield.

I didn't even think we did much of it. Trent took ages on a couple of throws but generally we didn't really need to. Bobby made sure he walked off rather than jogged, but Arsenal had given up by then anyway.

I still can't get over that Ben White cunt laughing at Taki. If he'd done that to Jota I could understand it as Diogo is a pain in the arse as he loves a bit of needle. There's no way Taki has said or done anything to get under anyone's skin though.

Ben White sums up why Arsenal are the way they are. They scouted Brighton's centre backs and went for the smallest, most lightweight, fancy Dan tart with all the tattoos because he 'looks' like a footballer. When in fact, Lewis Dunk and Adam Webster are both not only better defenders, they're also better with the ball as well. They don't look 'sexy' enough for Arsenal though.

• Upvote 2

Players will turn it on sporadically against shite teams, their fans get all chesty about them and start proclaiming them as superstars until they come up against someone decent and disappear, at which point the fans fury is unleashed all over youtube and twitter. It’s the Arsenal Way.

"There's the right way, the wrong way and the Arsenal Way."

"Isn't that the wrong way?"

"Yes, but faster!"

• Upvote 3

I can remember people saying we should be spunking 50m on that White!

Thought Gordon was good last night and Jurgen is managing him well, not running him to death before he comes off. Just needs that little bit of composure but the lad isnt even 18 yet. At least he's getting in the positions.

I really hope those fans who've gone to the LC games manage to get tickets rather than those who are just in the scheme and laid them off.

• Upvote 1

Spot on report Dave. My neighbour (an otherwise top bloke) is an arse fan and whatsapped a pic of himself in his Arsenal shirt having a beer and all smiles before the match. I replied, “feeling confident big lad?” He came back, “That’s 100% our strongest team, so yes feeling great about this”. Just goes to show even nice guys become deluded fuckers when they support Arsenal. Speaking of deluded fuckers: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-fan-tvs-mr-dt-26005724 Seems that offscreen he’s not “Goodenough” (sorry!)….

That was a great European away performance, contain the early enthusiasm of the home team then gradually take control. Robbo's best performance of the season for me, superb in marshalling Saka and much better delivery when getting forward. Kelleher seems so calm and assured, we'll do well to hold on to him I fear. I also liked Konaté's passing, his ball to Trent for the second goal was typical, getting it forward down the line. But an excellent team performance all round.

Klopp is full on with Martinelli, praises him every time. I do like Saka, going to be a very good player, too good for them obviously.

15 hours ago, tlw content said:

I know I go on a lot about the complete lack of respect I have for this Arsenal team and you’re probably sick of it…

Absolutely fucking not.

I’ve been looking forward to reading this match report more than any this season. 

I’ll carry on now…

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic