Trumo

Crystal Palace (A) - Sun 23rd Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Not a pen, but then City have got two or three this season that weren't pens either.

Reminded me a bit of '14, in miniature. The challenge was not to let the Afcon absences derail the season, and they did it, just.

We did get lucky with the penalty - Jota looks like he initiated contact - but the amount of piss we boil when we benefit from a soft decision is hilarious. Compare that to how not arsed people are when we're on the wrong end of refereeing decisions, which in recent years have been numerous. So, as someone once said, fuck everyone who isn't us.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Agreed. Great day.

I'm going to treat it as payback for 'Crystanbul'. 

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

We did get lucky with the penalty - Jota looks like he initiated contact - but the amount of piss we boil when we benefit from a soft decision is hilarious. Compare that to how not arsed people are when we're on the wrong end of refereeing decisions, which in recent years have been numerous. So, as someone once said, fuck everyone who isn't us.

This initiated contact stuff is what Tierney used not to give a pen, at Spurs?

And everyone got out of their tree including Sky pundits to say it doesnt matter whether he slows, looks for the contact or initiates it. It's whether he's fouled. Each to their own, though.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

This initiated contact stuff is what Tierney used not to give a pen, at Spurs?

And everyone got out of their tree including Sky pundits to say it doesnt matter whether he slows, looks for the contact or initiates it. It's whether he's fouled. Each to their own, though.

By initiated contact, I mean he changed direction, moving away from the path of the ball and towards the keeper. Anyway, doesn't matter what I think, it was given and we won.

• Like 1

Goalie cleared him out. Penalty. Totally different to when Calvert Lewis ran into Livermore and then threw himself to the deck.

It's becoming a bad habit this season where we are playing well, go 2 goals up and then just switch off completely. We've let 2-goal leads slip on anumber of occasions and today could have added to that unwanted stat. An inability to control the tempo is a massive part of the problem as all of a sudden the defence and goalkeeper are much busier. We don't appear to change/adapt our general shape for 5-10 minutes to prevent the opposition from getting their tails up and their fans from being lifted by what they are seeing. Instead of 1 DM and 2 box-to-box, flip the triangle for a short spell and drop the full backs 10 yards further back. The idea is to not allow the opponents to feel they can get back into the game, and not getting sloppy because we are actively adapting to situations and staying switched on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Goalie cleared him out. Penalty. Totally different to when Calvert Lewis ran into Livermore and then threw himself to the deck.

Calvert Lewin should run to the Bramley Moore dock and throw himself in. The weird dressing freak.

37 minutes ago, the chimp said:

We scored 3, they scored 1. We took our chances,  they fluffed theirs. Weve gone to London, won a semi and are back there putting pressure on City. Maybe our legs fell off a bit, maybe we're missing Salah, Mane, Keith and Thiago. Maybe I don't give a fuck as long as we win. The fume from that will be fantastic. They can all cry me a fucking river. Up the shithousing, winning again, Reds 

Love it

37 minutes ago, the chimp said:

We scored 3, they scored 1. We took our chances,  they fluffed theirs. Weve gone to London, won a semi and are back there putting pressure on City. Maybe our legs fell off a bit, maybe we're missing Salah, Mane, Keith and Thiago. Maybe I don't give a fuck as long as we win. The fume from that will be fantastic. They can all cry me a fucking river. Up the shithousing, winning again, Reds 

Love it

3 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Livermore = Lovren of course (bloody unpredictable text)

Soft enough pen for me but could have been given either way. Palace died when Benteke and Ayew came on. They lost their pace. They probably wouldn't have equalised anyway. 
Only a cup game left, and the Afcon lads are back as well as Thiago and Elliot. Take it and move on

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Agreed, it was never a penalty but balance that against all the stonewallers we don’t get.

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Agreed, it was never a penalty but balance that against all the stonewallers we don’t get.

Couldnt give a fuck. Up the reds!!

Alisson, what a man. I'd defo let him bum me. Separated from my wife and That handsome bastard is making me doubt myself. 

His words to klopp 'thats my job'

I think Guaita would've stopped just short of Jota, had Jota not taken a step to his right, which was away from the ball, and made sure there was contact.

On paper the extra goal makes no difference, but let's be honest, the pressure that would've built had it still been 2-1 would've been far greater, and an equaliser could've arrived in the chaos of those final minutes. We've seen it before.

I'll take a win any way it comes, as we're scrapping to keep up with the biggest cheats in world sports, but that wasn't a pen for me Clive, and the result is harsh on Palace.

• Upvote 2