You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (A) - Sun 23rd Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

20 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Thank you Bob.

But I’m just a fan and not a Professional who should, with the technology available, be able to make that call with his eyes shut, having played the game.

Makes you wonder if there’s an agenda here.

No mention of the 60m pass from TAA either.

Pricks.

Ah, the spot on but was the part i bolded. Disagree with your final conclusion. Might possibly not finished reading the whole thing before I replied. I dunno. 

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Research shows that the audience for these games is usually about one third fans of one team, one third fans of the other and one third neutrals. So why wind up at least a third of your audience with Carra or Neville, or all of it with Alan Smith? Is it supposed to be generating 'bantz'? 

He says, whilst dutifully paying his monthly direct debits. 

The only way Sky are getting rid of Carragher and Neville is if people vote with their wallets.  But no doubt their research will also show that people will be happy to continue to pay up. 

Enjoy the bantz.  

https://t.co/Yp5yGEUQwc

The back view 10 seconds in is the one that shows definite penalty.  Jota tries to flick it over the keeper and fucks it up, he immediately switches his weight to his right foot to change direction BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN STILL GET THE BALL and is then wiped out. How anyone can think it's not a penalty after seeing that is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

I should add that the commentator stated during the review that var were checking to see if Jota had lost control of the ball, obviously they believe he hadn't.

Not that I see what that has to do with anything, guess it's part of the rules now the way people talk.  Take someone out and it's a foul, not sure what keeping control of the ball has to do with anything.

32 minutes ago, fungus said:

I should add that the commentator stated during the review that var were checking to see if Jota had lost control of the ball, obviously they believe he hadn't.

Not that I see what that has to do with anything, guess it's part of the rules now the way people talk.  Take someone out and it's a foul, not sure what keeping control of the ball has to do with anything.

Yeah, I never understood that. If you're clattered off the ball in the middle of the pitch it's a foul, but for some reason you need possession in the area? It's daft. Same goes for wrestling players at corners; it only seems to be deemed a pen when the fouled player could've got to the ball, when that shouldn't matter.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fungus said:

Carragher set the tone for everyone's opinions, shouting the loudest works, look at the drivel some of you are posting trying to agree with him

It has probably helped gloss over the poor second half performance too,after a majestic first 45 minutes from the team.

I also think it says a lot about a team's fans when they call out shocking officiating even when it benefits their own team. Sky et al obviously love the drama that this shit brings while a lot of us are concerned how shit refereeing and VAR are significantly worsening the game and 'Americanising' it. The next step is ad breaks during VAR and stoppages like yesterday. If City have had poor decisions too,which I don't doubt,then that needs to be called out too. The death knell for football as we know it is not far away.

At first I thought the pen was harsh, but on thinking about it, since when is being able to catch the ball a prerequisite for awarding a foul for a late tackle? Anywhere else on the pitch and that is given immediately and the perpetrator is booked. If they were stood waiting for a corner and the ball hasn’t been played yet, you can still win a pen for a foul

12 hours ago, fungus said:

Carragher set the tone for everyone's opinions, shouting the loudest works, look at the drivel some of you are posting trying to agree with him

He was embarrassing. He was in raptures after Palace scored as well.

I'd rather have Neville on our games.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Em City said:

He was embarrassing. He was in raptures after Palace scored as well.

I'd rather have Neville on our games.

Neville is usually more complimentary about us. 

Maybe it's just Carra overdoing the 'I can be neutral' stuff. It's weird though.  

• Upvote 1

There seems to be a lot of boiled piss today. Writing off the penalty and the second goal saying Bobby was offside.

Funny how there’s never this much fuss when things go against us or for our rivals.

55 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We were winning without the pen?

No, because Ox's goal should have been disallowed for offside, the corner for Virg's goal should have been retaken because they weren't ready, Alisson should have been sent off for being too damn handsome, Klopp should have been arrested for something and Palace should have been awarded eleventy-twelve goals. 

Booo!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No, because Ox's goal should have been disallowed for offside, the corner for Virg's goal should have been retaken because they weren't ready, Alisson should have been sent off for being too damn handsome, Klopp should have been arrested for something and Palace should have been awarded eleventy-twelve goals. 

Booo!

Jenas, whenever something gets referred against us ‘ that’s what VAR is for ‘ when it’s for us ‘ why does he not stick with his on field decision’

Richards in a few weeks when City get yet another dodgy pen ‘ the attacker was clever ‘

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, KevieG said:

Someone should do a compilation of these motd clowns saying the opposite thing every second week around these penalty challenges. 

I remember Shearer of all people justifying that Calvert Lewin one a few years back. 

To be fair to Shearer, he had to put up with all of the negativity when Neil Lennon viciously headbutted his boot that time, so he knows all about that type of decision.