You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (A) - Sun 23rd Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, fungus said:

Carragher set the tone for everyone's opinions, shouting the loudest works, look at the drivel some of you are posting trying to agree with him

Exactly. Didn't even give wait for the action replay before he started mouthing off about it.

• Upvote 1

As was said above, jota won't get another one all season after the hubbub of today's hysterical fannieitis in the media.  The sport washing oil cheating cunts got 2 scandalous ones given against wolves and the arse that won them 4 more points than they should have. We'd have still won today without that own, but that won't be the narrative. 

Up the countrywide piss boiling Reda haha

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, fungus said:

Carragher set the tone for everyone's opinions, shouting the loudest works, look at the drivel some of you are posting trying to agree with him

Fuck Carragher, it was a pen because VAR said it was if i was the ref i'd have given it 100 / 100 times. After seeing some of the pens given and for that matter not given in the 3 years var has been in then we should take it when its given because weve been screwed as much as anyone by it.

• Upvote 2

Never a pen for me and I’d be furious if it was given against us.

Jota didn’t initiate contact like I’ve hear some media saying, he was hit by the keeper, but at that point he’d already lost control of the ball and wasn’t getting to it.

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Jota didn’t initiate contact like I’ve hear some media saying, he was hit by the keeper, but at that point he’d already lost control of the ball and wasn’t getting to it.

He was still taken out though? Shouldn't matter where the ball ended up.

11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Doesnt matter if he's lost control of the ball in an era where play is brought back for a foul where at team loses advantage, possession of the ball or, opposing players boots have a slight touch and the attacker hobbles around for a few steps then throws himself to the ground.

Players are being awarded pens when they've got their shot off then been cleaned out by the defender's follow through. (Oh er, missus!)

In my view, Jota only loses control of the ball because the keeper wipes him out. From the position he's in, he's unlikely to score but he'd have ample opportunity to play the ball back across goal.

Like it or not, that's a pen in today's football.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I was absolutely shocked when they didn't mention the Palace player being miles offside in the build up to their goal but mentioned Bobby on numerous occasions. I await a completely different narrative on MOTD 

It’s like the city game a few years back when that shitehawk Bernardo hand balled it onto Trent’s arm we go down the other end and score. The little twats hand ball was whitewashed from all discussion everywhere, almost put my foot through the telly that night. I expect MOTD to be annoyingly snide in it’s analysis tonight.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Doesnt matter if he's lost control of the ball in an era where play is brought back for a foul where at team loses advantage, possession of the ball or, opposing players boots have a slight touch and the attacker hobbles around for a few steps then throws himself to the ground.

Players are being awarded pens when they've got their shot off then been cleaned out by the defender's follow through. (Oh er, missus!)

In my view, Jota only loses control of the ball because the keeper wipes him out. From the position he's in, he's unlikely to score but he'd have ample opportunity to play the ball back across goal.

Like it or not, that's a pen in today's football.

You can have your view with most of that post, and fair enough, but that bold bit is just plainly not what happened. He lost tye ball when he tried to lift it goalwards, and completely miscued it straight out of play.

Essentially what you’ve said in a lot of your post is that loads of things I don’t think should be given as pens get given as pens these days and I can’t disagree with that. Doesn’t mean I should think any of them are pens though. 

These MOTD2 pundits are infuriating. 

I don’t think we shouldn’t had a pen, at all. It was a rubbish decision, but all of a sudden our second goal shouldn’t have stood either? Fuck off.

Jenas and Richards go on and on about how Bobby is influencing the play by being there, but that’s not the rule and hasn’t been the rule for any other match this season.

seconds later they criticise Van Dijk for only focusing on (an offside) Edouard and not tracking Mateta’s run, without suggesting that him being offside influenced the play, and this is for someone who actually went on to score the goal.

neither was offside by the rules that have been in place for years, so just shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

These MOTD2 pundits are infuriating. 

I don’t think we shouldn’t had a pen, at all. It was a rubbish decision, but all of a sudden our second goal shouldn’t have stood either? Fuck off.

Jenas and Richards go on and on about how Bobby is influencing the play by being there, but that’s not the rule and hasn’t been the rule for any other match this season.

seconds later they criticise Van Dijk for only focusing on (an offside) Edouard and not tracking Mateta’s run, without suggesting that him being offside influenced the play, and this is for someone who actually went on to score the goal.

neither was offside by the rules that have been in place for years, so just shut the fuck up.

The Palace right back decided to go with Bobby (despite the fact that a centre back already had Bobby covered) and leave Ox with the freedom of the area he should have been defending fucking ages before they even got into the box. Cunt pundits are all trying to spin it as if the helmet vacated the right back position once Bobby was right in front of goal.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You can have your view with most of that post, and fair enough, but that bold bit is just plainly not what happened. He lost tye ball when he tried to lift it goalwards, and completely miscued it straight out of play.

Essentially what you’ve said in a lot of your post is that loads of things I don’t think should be given as pens get given as pens these days and I can’t disagree with that. Doesn’t mean I should think any of them are pens though. 

Fair enough, we all see things differently. I agree we're seeing pens given for things that werent pens a few years back but clearly, refs are now giving them.

Im fucked off with us being on the end of ropey decisions and having stonewall penalty shouts turned down so, Im not going to start joining the likes of Carragher, Redknapp, Shearer, Murphy and Lineker et al who flip their view depending who does or doesnt get the favourable decision.

Jota went to flick the ball over the keeper and completely missed the ball. 

Maybe that should have been enough to disallow any penalty because he’d miscontrolled the ball, perhaps not.
Jota’s movement towards the keeper though was because that’s the direction he’d tried to flick the ball over him, fuck all with trying to draw a foul, but hey, he’s a conniving scouse cunt so what the fuck, he’s cheated Palace and the ref.

Nonetheless, the keeper didn’t know he was going to mis-control  the ball and would have wiped him out even if he had made the flick over him, so on balance, the keeper has wiped him out, so yes, penalty.

Fuck you Jenas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, coachpotato said:

Jota went to flick the ball over the keeper and completely missed the ball. 

Maybe that should have been enough to disallow any penalty because he’d miscontrolled the ball, perhaps not.
Jota’s movement towards the keeper though was because that’s the direction he’d tried to flick the ball over him, fuck all with trying to draw a foul, but hey, he’s a conniving scouse cunt so what the fuck, he’s cheated Palace and the ref.

Nonetheless, the keeper didn’t know he was going to mis-control  the ball and would have wiped him out even if he had made the flick over him, so on balance, the keeper has wiped him out, so yes, penalty.

Fuck you Jenas.

That’s spot on.