You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (A) - Sun 23rd Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

On paper the extra goal makes no difference, but let's be honest, the pressure that would've built had it still been 2-1 would've been far greater, and an equaliser could've arrived in the chaos of those final minutes. We've seen it before.

To be honest I thought their subs stymied their attacking, and bringing Benteke and Ayew on was almost like hoisting a white flag.

It was never a pen. You would all be fuming if that was against us but that what makes it sweet. The whole country is having a breakdown right now. Had so much go against us and now they are all up in arms.

Hahahaha, you cunts. Still would have won anyway 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, the chimp said:

We scored 3, they scored 1. We took our chances,  they fluffed theirs. Weve gone to London, won a semi and are back there putting pressure on City. Maybe our legs fell off a bit, maybe we're missing Salah, Mane, Keith and Thiago. Maybe I don't give a fuck as long as we win. The fume from that will be fantastic. They can all cry me a fucking river. Up the shithousing, winning again, Reds 

Post of the day.

It was never a penalty, not in a million years, but city have had a few dodgy ones this season so we where due one sooner or later. 

As for the match, for the opening 35 minutes we where exceptional, after that, fucking abysmal, if it wasn't for the fact we've the best keeper in the world at 1 v 1's we'd have lost that game. But we do have him, so lucky us. 

I know it's obvious, but we badly need a creative midfield destroyer with youth on his side. It's actually scandalous that we're not looking to bring one in right away. The league title is within reach, and a little speculation to accumulate would be the smart play. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It was never a penalty, not in a million years, but city have had a few dodgy ones this season so we where due one sooner or later. 

As for the match, for the opening 35 minutes we where exceptional, after that, fucking abysmal, if it wasn't for the fact we've the best keeper in the world at 1 v 1's we'd have lost that game. But we do have him, so lucky us. 

I know it's obvious, but we badly need a creative midfield destroyer with youth on his side. It's actually scandalous that we're not looking to bring one in right away. The league title is within reach, and a little speculation to accumulate would be the smart play. 

If the rumours are true we're going for Tchouameni in summer, who is one of the most destructive midfielders around.

Not a penalty, for me. But, fuck all the moaners. They’d be buzzing if that was given against us. Just like they weren’t arsed about fairness when we would’ve possibly  won the league in 2014 if Sterling hadn’t have been wrongly flagged off away to City. 

That aside, thought we were poor in the second half. Very open. Firmino was ineffective. Henderson couldn’t trap a bag of cement and kept giving it away cheaply. But, there was obvious mitigation - tiredness and missing a few bodies, so it was a good 3 points and if we win our game in hand things start to get a bit interesting again. 

• Upvote 1

Enjoyable hearing and reading all the outrage over our correctly awarded penalty today. If we hadn't been the victim of a horrendous piece of officiating for Palace's goal - being offside in a phase of play in which you score means the goal shouldn't stand - our sloppiness wouldn't have been an issue. So fuck Palace, fuck Vieri, fuck Carragher, fuck Sky and fuck the Dave Clark Five!

• Upvote 2

We've been bad at holding leads with counter attacking demons like Salah and Mané in the side. It stands to reason we were going to struggle even more here without them. It's funny that it took Palace a whole half to realize they should bypass the midfield and hit it behind the high line.

40 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

It was never a pen. You would all be fuming if that was against us but that what makes it sweet. The whole country is having a breakdown right now. Had so much go against us and now they are all up in arms.

Hahahaha, you cunts. Still would have won anyway 

The pen made up for Jota being denied one for 'stopping' a few weeks ago.

A strange game. We played some beautiful stuff in the first twenty mnutes or so, and then obviously lost a biit of energy. I had to turn the sound down after their goal, the commentator screamed like some kind of orgasmic banshee. Absolutely ridiculous.

A minor point, but late on, when that player did a bizarre salmon-like leap high over Curtis Jones, nowhere near the ball, and then lost all control on the way back down, crashing into Jones's back and then landing on his head - it really pisses me off how an attack just gets cancelled like that because an opponent basically just clobbers himself! Yes, stop the game if he seems in trouble, but then drop the ball then and there and get on with it. What exactly has Jones done wrong, just by standing near him and being hit by HIM as he fell??? They stopped our attack, treated the player and then gave the ball back to Palace! Refs just lose all logic in those situations.

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Is Carra getting worse and as for that prick commentating he can fuck off as well , get in an excellent 3 points at a tough place to go 

I wish Carra was kept away from our games. He just irritates if you're a fan. God knows what he does if you're not. I don't get what Sky is aiming for with all these ex-pros commentating on their own old clubs. Research shows that the audience for these games is usually about one third fans of one team, one third fans of the other and one third neutrals. So why wind up at least a third of your audience with Carra or Neville, or all of it with Alan Smith? Is it supposed to be generating 'bantz'? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The pen made up for Jota being denied one for 'stopping' a few weeks ago.

A strange game. We played some beautiful stuff in the first twenty mnutes or so, and then obviously lost a biit of energy. I had to turn the sound down after their goal, the commentator screamed like some kind of orgasmic banshee. Absolutely ridiculous.

A minor point, but late on, when that player did a bizarre salmon-like leap high over Curtis Jones, nowhere near the ball, and then lost all control on the way back down, crashing into Jones's back and then landing on his head - it really pisses me off how an attack just gets cancelled like that because an opponent basically just clobbers himself! Yes, stop the game if he seems in trouble, but then drop the ball then and there and get on with it. What exactly has Jones done wrong, just by standing near him and being hit by HIM as he fell??? Refs just lose all logic in those situations.

Jones was calling for the game to be stopped and he was the closest player. Stopping the game there was totally correct. 

A few saying the pen today made up for the one at Spurs that Jota didn't get.... it really doesn't, as we were leading this one and had gone in front if Jota got  his at Spurs.

I personally don't think you should give a pen in situations like today. More than happy to receive though!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Spot on wish we’d just stop fucking around and address the midfield issue. That lad at Monaco Tchouaméni looks pretty good but I don’t think he’s available right now. Not that it matters, our tightarse owners wouldn’t buy if he was.