You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (A) - Sun 23rd Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Fuck off Carragher.

Why is it a tough one to swallow. Unless I’m mistaken they still only scored a single goal and had run out of attacking ideas in the last fifteen minutes. In fact, Viera’s subs made them worse. He took off his biggest threats.

That said, they were the better side bar the first thirty minutes, and had enough chances to win. But didn’t.

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Glad for the win but what a weird game. Truly brilliant for the 30 minutes and then - not great. 

Maybe something to do with the fact that virtually the same team played a semi, in London, 60 hours previously 

Im fucking sick and tired of nobheads like Carragher saying that's not a pen. It. Was. Fucking. Nailed. On.

Should be delighted with the win and, I am. But Im also furious with that performance for the last 66 minutes. Palace were all over us and with a bit of luck, which they didnt get, could have been 4-2 up early in the 2nd half were it not for Alli and poor finishing.

Id resigned myself to the game ending 2-2 at best the way we were paying. Redknapp and Carragher can fuck off 'no pen' my arse. Thankfully, Fabinho tucked it away and made the game safe as it blew the wind out of Palace's sails.

MoTM, Alli.

• Upvote 2

Bit fortunate here today.

Game management shocking even Jota in 95th min just aimlessly and needlessly gives ball away.

3 pts though so ultimately ok.

Good job got 2 weeks off now...we need rest and players back.

Think fatigue played a part today as we thought it may....so to come away with 3 pts is all that really matters.

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

Glad for the win but what a weird game. Truly brilliant for the 30 minutes and then - not great. 

I think Liverpool deserve credit after the tough games we have played recently . We wiped the floor with them for half an hour , got our goals and dug deep to see it out even though we were running on fumes. Ali put in a great shift which is what top keepers do when needed.   Its not that often he has to work anywhere near as hard.

• Upvote 2

Extremely happy about the three points. 

We were brilliant the first half hour, then horrible for half an hour then average the last half hour.

Everything to do with fatigue and a limited squad I reckon, we were very good as long as we had the legs to do the pressing and movement.

Alisson our man of the match by a country mile.