You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League Cup Winners Draft - Group A

Bjornebye

League Cup Winners Draft - Group A   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/01/22 at 15:23

Tough this one.

Babbs suffers from a lack of a defensive presence in the middle. Both attacking payers even though both are world class. 

No 2 solid and a brilliant defence. 

Lee, class pretty much all over the pitch. Gutted he got Yorke, I wanted him and Cole up-front together with Kenny behind. 

Lee but it's close. 

I should have voted for Lee last time and missed him. I have voted this time.

Not sure about his decision to have Rodney in the 10 position but other than that its good throughout.  I did think the right side could be a bit unbalanced but i like Mendieta there to cover and help Zabaleta out. Other than that i cant really fault it.

Babb'sBurstNad's midfield is too atttacking for me. No balance to it and the defence isnt strong enough to compensate, particularly the fullbacks.

No2 said it himself (I think), they will be difficult to play against as they are a hardworking team, but just not enough quality in there for me in a couple of positions and think they would come up short in some games.

Babb - Plenty of attacking flair, would score plenty of goals but also concede plenty as there's no protection from the midfield.

No2 - Defensively sound and some very good attacking options. Solid if unspectacular team.

Lee - Wins the group for me. Great balance and set up, though Yorke is one of the weaker forwards in the draft but overall I think it's the strongest side out of the 3.

Babbs - how did you end up with 4 shite players? Most sides seem to have only 2. They would be good to watch in a Keegan Newcastle type of way but couldn't see them winning much.

Lee - The defence is excellent, should protect an average goalkeeper. The midfield is Coldplay,  most people will like them but no one will love them and those that know will hate them.

No2 - Won't ever concede a goal  and that Ian Rush in my team is the actual Ian Rush. A million goals doesn’t add up to respect these days. Losing to Dwight Yorke will be a tough pill swallow.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Babbs - how did you end up with 4 shite players? Most sides seem to have only 2. They would be good to watch in a Keegan Newcastle type of way but couldn't see them winning much.

Lee - The defence is excellent, should protect an average goalkeeper. The midfield is Coldplay,  most people will like them but no one will love them and those that know will hate them.

No2 - Won't ever concede a goal  and that Ian Rush in my team is the actual Ian Rush. A million goals doesn’t add up to respect these days. Losing to Dwight Yorke will be a tough pill swallow.

Who do you consider the four shite players?

Lee's side's the most balanced, even if the formation looks a bit odd. Would play out more like a 4-4-1-1. Essien and Mendieta doing the work, Rooney playing a free role, and the wingers doing winger shit. Nice.

No2 has a formidable team, until you see Rangel, and that right hand side consisting of a left winger and Andy Gray. Would've been better with a packed midfield and Rush on his own. 

Close, but I've gone for Lee.

Gillespie & Yorke both important players in title winning sides. Not bad.

Of the 4, I'm going to guess Roland Nilsson is considered one, however I strongly deliberated taking him over Henning Berg. Nilsson has been voted Sheff Wed's greatest ever player in some votes, fun fact.

24 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Of the 4, I'm going to guess Roland Nilsson is considered one, however I strongly deliberated taking him over Henning Berg. Nilsson has been voted Sheff Wed's greatest ever player in some votes, fun fact.

Nah Gillespie was shit. 

Having said that, this draft was always going to be decided by those with the fewest crap picks and I’m surprised by the overall quality of all the teams. 

35 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Gillespie never won a title mate but he would have been a big part of the Newcastle side of they had managed it. His crosses for Ferdinand were superb. 

Yorke is clearly under-rated here. 

Nilsson was on my list, more than capable player. 

I don't know enough about Benajerrysole to pass proper judgement. 

24 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Nah Gillespie was shit. 

Having said that, this draft was always going to be decided by those with the fewest crap picks and I’m surprised by the overall quality of all the teams. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gillespie never won a title mate but he would have been a big part of the Newcastle side of they had managed it. His crosses for Ferdinand were superb. 

Yorke is clearly under-rated here. 

Nilsson was on my list, more than capable player. 

I don't know enough about Benajerrysole to pass proper judgement. 

You're right - for some reason I thought Gillespie was in the Rovers title winning side then transferred to Newcastle, but it was the other way around.

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

You're right - for some reason I thought Gillespie was in the Rovers title winning side then transferred to Newcastle, but it was the other way around.

Wilcox and Ripley (And Le Saux) were the box pingers in that side 

I said earlier Yorke was at the back of the line for attacker's i was looking at. He was a very good player, but not at the levels of others in the draft. If that whisky nosed prick had not left van Nistelroy on the bench in one final I'd have been ok