You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 Brentford 0 - Match Reaction

tlw content

For the second time this season the Reds put three past Brentford but thankfully on this occasion there was no defensive collapse as Jurgen Klopp's side recorded their first league win since mid-December.

TLW Editor Dave Usher, Julian Richards and Ian Brown look back on an important, albeit fairly uninspiring, victory for the Reds. The lads also preview the upcoming League Cup semi final second leg at the Emirates.

View full article

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Just a quick note on this Arsenal/Man City/Owners are cunts podcost.  It was good as usual.

Dave's Arsenal hate is wonderful.  Hope Arsenal chant that "You're only here to see the Arsenal" throughout the match on Thursday.  I've written to Sky and asked for a 'Dave Cam'.

A special note of gratitude to Chris for the length of his half way through add for the podcast.  It's the perfect length to get your phone out, flick it on, hit the +30 button, and you're straight back into the chat.  

On a more serious note, Daves comments about appreciating this team are really important and I tend to forget that far too often.  It's not fair to judge what we're doing with those cheats 11 points ahead of us.  Any other (rolling) decade and we'd have at least one other title and a few other great title races.  We need to remember to appreciate what we've got.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

On a more serious note, Daves comments about appreciating this team are really important and I tend to forget that far too often.  It's not fair to judge what we're doing with those cheats 11 points ahead of us.  Any other (rolling) decade and we'd have at least one other title and a few other great title races.  We need to remember to appreciate what we've got.  

Absolutely spot on. 

Whoever comes second should be given the old football league trophy - Man City can keep their cheats trophy. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Just a quick note on this Arsenal/Man City/Owners are cunts podcost.  It was good as usual.

Dave's Arsenal hate is wonderful.  Hope Arsenal chant that "You're only here to see the Arsenal" throughout the match on Thursday.  I've written to Sky and asked for a 'Dave Cam'.

A special note of gratitude to Chris for the length of his half way through add for the podcast.  It's the perfect length to get your phone out, flick it on, hit the +30 button, and you're straight back into the chat.  

You're a season ticket holder already. You get a pass. Might make the next one 32 seconds though just so the mingebags have to tap the +30 button twice.

• Upvote 1

I've now finished the episode.

Jules going full Rafa "I am focussed on coaching and training my team" with his Arsenal non-prediction comment of "such is my dislike of Arsenal I will make no prediction on this game" was something I can get right behind.

Something I can't get right behind, or understand though, is calling a manager who won us a European Cup a "cunt".  That's mental stuff.  I accept people don't like Rafa, but a cunt?  Nah, that's much to far.  I expect that kind of support from Arsenal fans (their treatment of Wenger at the end my reasoning behind that), not us.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I've now finished the episode.

Jules going full Rafa "I am focussed on coaching and training my team" with his Arsenal non-prediction comment of "such is my dislike of Arsenal I will make no prediction on this game" was something I can get right behind.

Something I can't get right behind, or understand though, is calling a manager who won us a European Cup a "cunt".  That's mental stuff.  I accept people don't like Rafa, but a cunt?  Nah, that's much to far.  I expect that kind of support from Arsenal fans (their treatment of Wenger at the end my reasoning behind that), not us.

It’s a term of endearment. If i’m not calling you a cunt then I don’t like you Johnny, you cunt.

All jokes aside, I don’t think he’s a cunt, it was a throwaway comment but you can replace it with “tit”, “knobhead” etc, pick whatever you want. Anyone who plays for or manages us and then ends up at Everton, Utd, Chelsea etc is dead to me. See Owen and Torres. Fuck them all.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

It's a natural reaction to falling behind City. But no fucking way am I going to let them cheating fucks define how I see this team anymore.

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Exactly. Fucks me off enormously to hear carragher and others say Liverpool and Klopp 'havent won enough' when you have that oil nation backed state to contend with.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly. Fucks me off enormously to hear carragher and others say Liverpool and Klopp 'havent won enough' when you have that oil nation backed state to contend with.

Carragher, like Neville and the others, is compromised. They can't say the integrity of the competition is compromised by City; it'd undermine the enormous sums of money their employers have paid to screen the "best league in the world TM"

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Werner would be such a moneyball signing right about now.

Nooooooo!

1 hour ago, Boss said:

It cannot be overstated how good that decision was by the club to sign the fella on Wolves bench (Jota) over the proven goalscorer (Werner) that summer. Chelsea went with the obvious choice. We prioritised footballing IQ and signed a little genius. Footballing IQ trumps everything else.

Werner to United this January would be a good play for Ralf.  

Hope so. He's pretty much the exact opposite of what they need! They could just as easily have kept Daniel James.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Best LFC podcast around this.

Personally didn’t mind the Benitez chant but it still pisses me off we don’t have a decent one for Klopp. Will this be sorted before he leaves us?

Any time the Kop sang Klopp's name he went apeshit screaming at them to shut up! He sees it as premature celebrating for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic