You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 16th Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

The audio mix was so fucking poor in that game, I swear there were about 10,000 at Anfield. Anyway, we win, we close the gap and we go to Arsenal with a bit more confidence. A reasonable day at the office, but we’re not 100%. The sharpness is gone, the finesse is not present and I just get the feeling that we’ve put all our eggs into the Europe basket.

Quite pleased with that. Average first half, but good in the second. First goal was key as they had to Come out of their cage a bit after half time. Once they did that we were by far the better team. 

Shows the importance of set pieces, especially in games like this. The ability to get the opening goal from a corner or free kick on days when we’re not really playing well is priceless. Makes it far less profitable to park the bus against us.

Fabinho man of the match for me, also Curtis Jones did well at least in spells. Jota and Firmino showed some good movement and decent pressing, but lacked the end product, even of Jota was very unlucky not to score. Apart from that an average performance from most of them imo.

I thought Henderson had a decent second half, picking up the loose balls and looking to play forward.  Robertson did nothing all game apart from the one decent ball he played in for Ox to score.  Even Firmino managed to pinch the ball to give to Minamino to make it 3.  So well in my nemeses.  

Improved second half performance, but we were lucky to get 3 there.   Tsimikas would have got far more quality balls in, and Gordon should be given a chance to play right wing.  

Too much negativity here again in my opinion.

We have been told all year that Salah and Mané at the AFCON would derail our season. They will probably only miss 2 league games due to the AFCON, that was one of them and we battered Brentford. We get to Wembley if we win away (or score draw??) to Arsenal on Thursday and we should be beating Cardiff without them in the Cup. 

2 big games this week v Arsenal and Palace but if we win both we give ourselves a chance, just a chance, in the league and should be in a great position in the 3 cups. 

• Upvote 3