You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 16th Jan 2022 (2:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That bit at the end there sums Ox up. 

One v one - instead of taking the man on, waits for the overlap then hits a shit pass.

If he wants to use the overlap he needs to drag it inside just before releasing Trent. By doing that he’ll force the defender to make a decision, cover the imside or give up space to Trent on the outside. Very basic stuff really.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

the balls to Trent from Ox and Henderson are shite.  Usually hit too slow and invariably behind him.  All momentum gone.  

Nah. He keeps coming inside all of the time, and there have been occasions he’s been stood at the corner of the area and not at the touchline where he should be. He’s been poor, and his defending has been poor.

Thught that was pretty decent, even if we ran out of steam/ideas a bit towards the 30 min mark.

Curtis and Ox need to take on players, that's the reason for their inclusion!

As I said Thursday, Henderson needs a long break on the bench, he's such a pointless midfielder in games like this. Get Gordon or Minamino on, and put Ox in the midfield.

Just now, Anubis said:

Nah. He keeps coming inside all of the time, and there have been occasions he’s been stood at the corner of the area and not at the touchline where he should be. He’s been poor, and his defending has been poor.

I agree with that as well.  I was talking about the rare occasions when he was wide.

Jota get a lot more attention from the opposition now that Salah and Mane is out.

He’s not finding the space he’s so good at running into and that restrict his game, the space is not there as Salah does not occupy several players. 

Our opposition can also pack the centre of the box a bit more as we dont have the immediate threat of Salah from the right anymore. 

Frustrating.

Just now, Code said:

Jota get a lot mote attention from the opposition now that Salah and Mane is out.

He’s not finding the space he’s so good at running into and that restrict his game.

Our opposition can also pack the centre of the box a bit more as we dont have the immediate threat of Salah from the right anymore. 

Frustrating.

He's having to do the job that I thought Firmino is in the side to do, then get himself forward from a deeper position.  He's going to be out of legs after 60 while that gurning fuckwit will still be on contributing very little.  Let him play his natural game, forward and central, and pull Firmino back or off.  

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

If I was Rafa, I’d just kick back and enjoy the city for a while, jobless.

Agreed.

Love the bloke but he's been a horrible manager for a decade at least.

He certainly has no financial need to keep on taking these increasingly shit jobs, and by doing so he only serves to further tarnish his successes and his career.