The Woolster

TLW Deathpool 2022

On 20/01/2022 at 16:12, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

One of my favourites Hardy Kruger goes at 93. Only reading about him this morning.

Oh, I didn't know Hardy Kruger is no more. He appears in my favourite war movie scene.

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Oh do tell?

You probably wouldn't know it. It's from ex-Yugoslav foreign language Oscar-nominated mega-budgeted and star-studded The Battle on the River Neretva (1969). It's the scene (which could have used beter audio directing) where the wounded start singing in the hospital behind the Partisans crumbling defense lines (Hardy is on the attack and his close-up when he realizes that he has probably already lost despite winning is the integral part of the scene), however, why I love the scene so much would have to be a chin-stroker's 150 words explanation I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

You probably wouldn't know it. It's from ex-Yugoslav foreign language Oscar-nominated mega-budgeted and star-studded The Battle on the River Neretva (1969). It's the scene (which could have used beter audio directing) where the wounded start singing in the hospital behind the Partisans crumbling defense lines (Hardy is on the attack and his close-up when he realizes that he has probably already lost despite winning is the integral part of the scene), however, why I love the scene so much would have to be a chin-stroker's 150 words explanation I'm afraid.

I have had that on but not watched it really, it has been on a few times. 

55 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I have had that on but not watched it really, it has been on a few times. 

Just make sure you have the full 160 minutes or so edit, there is apparently a mush shorter version for the western audiences which would sometimes be difficult to follow.

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Just make sure you have the full 160 minutes or so edit, there is apparently a mush shorter version for the western audiences which would sometimes be difficult to follow.

I will tape it next time it’s on mate.

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

7A811E2D-74A1-4DB8-A400-E61A32DC832E.jpeg

2F6A52EE-36EF-4337-B400-4CD953336E90.jpeg

Haha, that is a bit shite but the first bit of the duel is quite good, seen it 23 times courtesy of Bootle Odean, its stupid but good, and who wouldn't want to be able to sort a gang out with two sticks? 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

Not famous as such but that was poor lad stuck down the well in Morocco has died. They’ve just excavated him, but were too late. 

Horrible news. Poor fella. 

No way. They were really close last I heard. Awful, poor kid. 

Lata Mangeshkar, Indian playback singer, passes away aged 92. If you've never heard of her, believe me you have no idea just how popular she was. Think of any mainstream female singer in the western world and multiply that popularity at least tenfold. I've never got into Bollywood music but can appreciate that she was basically the soundtrack to mainstream culture in India and its massive diaspora around the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-60094193

On 05/02/2022 at 21:19, Bjornebye said:

No way. They were really close last I heard. Awful, poor kid. 

Aye, that was tragic.  I had a horrible feeling that wouldn't end well.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Where is your entry...?

He’s 700 years old he doesn’t know what death is ! 

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Aah shame, always remember that Billy Connolly sketch were he said Bamber's name sounded like a disease.

The Bambi episode of The Young Ones is the one that stands out for me.