You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2022

The Woolster

Putting everyone's list together (finally!)

Late entries always welcome, only 1 person has scored so far, so big disadvantage!

There following entered last year but not this, if you resubmit, any that you have rolled over from last year will still get the points if they die within the week. This includes @Fowlers God , who has asked me who he had on his last entry in 2019!

@Evelyn Tentions

@alles ist gut

@Bruce Spanner

@Atticus Finch

@No2

And if I've got the name change correct, @Captain Willard

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

My MiL was visiting when that first came on the telly and couldn't understand why I was literally crying laughing right the way through.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

The bit that gets me is when they're running for the train and Viv stops at the snack stall, shoves a full cake in his mouth, looks at the woman behind the counter and flicks her the V's. It just cracked me up.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The bit that gets me is when they're running for the train and Viv stops at the snack stall, shoves a full cake in his mouth, looks at the woman behind the counter and flicks her the V's. It just cracked me up.

Vyvian persuading the washing machine to open by telling it he had a pair of Felicity Kendalls knickers that needed a good wash did me.

The whole thing was pure comedy gold though.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Vyvian persuading the washing machine to open by telling it he had a pair of Felicity Kendalls knickers that needed a good wash did me.

It was indeed, might have to try and find it on the net and watch it later, haven't seen it for a while.

2 hours ago, The Woolster said:

Putting everyone's list together (finally!)

Late entries always welcome, only 1 person has scored so far, so big disadvantage!

There following entered last year but not this, if you resubmit, any that you have rolled over from last year will still get the points if they die within the week. This includes @Fowlers God , who has asked me who he had on his last entry in 2019!

@Evelyn Tentions

@alles ist gut

@Bruce Spanner

@Atticus Finch

@No2

And if I've got the name change correct, @Captain Willard

Just pmd my list

3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Bamber Gascoigne gone at 87.

Your starter for 10! Remember when i was a kid and University Challenge was on Granada about 7pm. Always used to wonder how the students on the top row used to get up there when you couldnt see any steps. Me arl fella eventually told me they used a split screen!

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 13:04, Harry's Lad said:

The scene with Tony Robinson and Mel Smith introducing the "elephant man", creases me.

"I am an elephant, you knowwwwwwwwww!"

• Upvote 1

RICK: Just test me on the stuff, will you? [Indicating a different page] There!

NEIL: Alright, alright, don’t get uncool and heavy. “Crop rotation in the 14th century…”

RICK: Right. [reciting] “Crop rotation in the 14th century was much more widespread…”

NEIL: “Considerably”.

RICK: What?

NEIL: It’s “considerably more widespread”, not “much more”.

RICK: Well?

NEIL: Well, you said, “do it properly.”

RICK: Well, not that much, you stupid bloody hippie!

NEIL: You said, “do it properly and don’t skip bits!” How was I to know that wasn’t important?

RICK: Well it wasn’t important, alright? Shall we just get on and stop wasting time like this? Right. “Crop rotation in the 14th century was _considerably_ more widespread…after…” God, I know this…don’t tell me…”after 1172.” [Neil is s ilent] Well, was I right?

NEIL: No, but I didn’t think it was important.

RICK: Well, what was it, then?

NEIL: You just said not to tell you.

RICK: I bloody well did not!

NEIL: Yes you did! You said, “Don’t tell me” just before you said, “1172.”

RICK: But I only meant for a minute!

NEIL: What, a minute from now, or a minute from then?

RICK: Look, just shut up and tell me the answer!

NEIL: Shut up AND tell you the answer?

RICK: JUST TELL ME THE ANSWER!

NEIL: John.

RICK: Thank you…”John”?

NEIL: Yeah, “John” is the answer.

RICK: “Crop rotation in the 14th century was considerably more widespread after John?

NEIL: “…Lloyd invented the patent crop rotator.”

RICK: Oh, yes, I knew it, I bloody knew it!

NEIL: You didn’t, you didn’t, you said “1172”! That’s not a bit like “John”.

RICK: [hysterical] You spiteful bastard, Neil! Just because you’ve done loads and loads of work for this, just because you’re a creepy little swot you’ve done about 15 million tons of work for this, like a girl, and I’m so hard and street and cool that I’ve done absolutely bugger all, and you’ve done loads, look at it, loads and loads, loads and loads… [he starts making a mess of Neil’s papers

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, A Red said:

NEIL: Alright, alright, don’t get uncool and heavy. “Crop rotation in the 14th century…”

RICK: Right. [reciting] “Crop rotation in the 14th century was much more widespread…”

NEIL: You said, “do it properly and don’t skip bits!” How was I to know that wasn’t important?

RICK: Well it wasn’t important, alright? Shall we just get on and stop wasting time like this? Right. “Crop rotation in the 14th century was _considerably_ more widespread…after…” God, I know this…don’t tell me…”after 1172.” [Neil is s ilent] Well, was I right?

RICK: “Crop rotation in the 14th century was considerably more widespread after John?

RICK: [hysterical] You spiteful bastard, Neil! Just because you’ve done loads and loads of work for this, just because you’re a creepy little swot you’ve done about 15 million tons of work for this, like a girl, and I’m so hard and street and cool that I’ve done absolutely bugger all, and you’ve done loads, look at it, loads and loads, loads and loads… [he starts making a mess of Neil’s papers

Superb.

On 12/02/2022 at 07:05, A Red said:

My favourite piece of Young Ones conversation by a country mile. Lost count of how many times I've seen it but still kills me every time. Genius.