You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New IPTV Thread

29 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've been thinking about this for a while but I'm not very techy. IPTV Smarters and Nanomid are both available on my telly, whichever is best, so add me to your list if you don't mind mate and I'll have a shufti.

Fucking clueless how to set it all up like.

I’ll send you the link now. I’ve taken to just copy and pasting the instructions to everyone here, but what’s gonna happen is you’ll join a chat group and the installation guides will be there and easy to follow. It’s not rocket science, mate. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ll send you the link now. I’ve taken to just copy and pasting the instructions to everyone here, but what’s gonna happen is you’ll join a chat group and the installation guides will be there and easy to follow. It’s not rocket science, mate. 

Cheers mate.

Posted this before but it’s been lost with the old thread. This site here…

https://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

…tells you which channels all football matches are on. It’s well worth bookmarking. I usually favourite a handful of channels 10 mins before the game. Flow Sports & Optus Sports have every PL game but that site above will also point you to other channels that are on OG. Bein, Astro Supersport, etc. 

It’s also worth remembering to check if our CL games are on the Irish TV channel, RTE. Their coverage isn’t bad. You can find RTE in the UK Entertainment section. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Posted this before but it’s been lost with the old thread. This site here…

https://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

…tells you which channels all football matches are on. It’s well worth bookmarking. I usually favourite a handful of channels 10 mins before the game. Flow Sports & Optus Sports have every PL game but that site above will also point you to other channels that are on OG. Bein, Astro Supersport, etc. 

It’s also worth remembering to check if our CL games are on the Irish TV channel, RTE. Their coverage isn’t bad. You can find RTE in the UK Entertainment section. 

There's a channel that updates with the schedule. Really good.

12 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Looked at the Nanomid and IPTV Smarters apps on my telly and they look like a proper ballache to set up, for me anyway, so Firestick Max ordered.

How do you pay your subs btw? Paypal?

Yeah, that’s right. He’ll give you his email address when you’re ready to get a sub. 

Piss easy to follow his installation guides for Firesticks but we’re here if you need any help. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fire stick is easy. Literally step by step instructions on the site but I downloaded sky smatters via the downloaded app on the fire stick and put in my sign in details he gave me, that’s it done. 

All done mate. 

Got a couple of powerline adapters coming today which will hopefully sort out one or two issues.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Install all three of his apps mate, just in case one of them starts acting the twat. Plus others in your house might prefer different layouts. 

I have mate.

I read up on these Powerline things you suggested.  I reckon they'll make the speed more stable and solve the problems. 

Soon find out anyway.

Pity the ethernet adapter for the Firestick doesn't get here until Friday. 

45 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I have mate.

I read up on these Powerline things you suggested.  I reckon they'll make the speed more stable and solve the problems. 

Soon find out anyway.

Pity the ethernet adapter for the Firestick doesn't get here until Friday. 

Powerlines are good but connection  directly by ethernet is definitely preferable whenever possible.

Incidentally, what sort of download speeds are you pulling?

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Powerlines are good but connection  directly by ethernet is definitely preferable whenever possible.

58 Mbps according to fast.com.

The telly is literally 6 ft away from the router in a straight line, but a direct ethernet cable isn't an option.

I have Sky broadband, but I'm not sure the router is that powerful to be honest because we have to use WiFi extenders.

The house isn't massive, just an ordinary 3 bed semi.

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

58 Mbps according to fast.com.

The telly is literally 6 ft away from the router in a straight line, but a direct ethernet cable isn't an option.

I have Sky broadband, but I'm not sure the router is that powerful to be honest because we have to use WiFi extenders.

The house isn't massive, just an ordinary 3 bed semi.

58mbps is easily enough to stream a 4k film mate so you're well set.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

58mbps is easily enough to stream a 4k film mate so you're well set.

You would think so, but there has been some buffering and micro freezes which suddenly catches up really quickly, plus the flight of the ball when watching the footy is like a stuttering comet.

I've had a play with the motion settings on the telly and although better than it was, it's still annoying, hence the powerline.

Watch this space!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Set the powerlines up today and whereas my speed was 58 Mbps it has dropped to 50Mbps even with Cat 8 Ethernet cables.

Disconnected everything and my speed via Wi-Fi was back up to 58, so it's all going back to Amazon.

I've ordered a long flat white ethernet cable and it's getting wired  around the skirting board direct. 

She's not happy!

42 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That should be easily enough mate. I wouldn’t pay too much notice to the download speed when it’s already that high. 

You’re never gonna get 4K images from live streaming. 

I'm not expecting perfect 4K mate, it's just not stable.

I checked the speed again last night using the checker in the Smarters app using WiFi and it was down to 39, same with Ookla and fast.com. Tried rebooting the router and Firestick but no real difference. 

We had problems with the router a while back and had to change some settings, something to do with the port I think.

I'm not techy so tend to leave that stuff well alone.

Hardwiring the router to the Firestick seems logical though. If it doesn't fix it I might have an iffy router.

Edit  -  Having said that, Netflix and Prime seem fine so I'm fucked if I know.

Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling might solve it.

On 03/03/2022 at 14:21, Harry's Lad said:

Set the powerlines up today and whereas my speed was 58 Mbps it has dropped to 50Mbps even with Cat 8 Ethernet cables.

Disconnected everything and my speed via Wi-Fi was back up to 58, so it's all going back to Amazon.

I've ordered a long flat white ethernet cable and it's getting wired  around the skirting board direct. 

She's not happy!

That’s plenty, Ethernet should provide a more reliable connection. I hard wire mine even though it slower than wireless for this reason.

Home plugs are good but you need to keep buying extras, have you considered a mesh system? Game changer for dead spots and they can be picked up for reasonable prices now. 
They often have Ethernet ports for wired connections and the added bonus is you can change providers and not have to reconnect all your devices again to the network.