You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New IPTV Thread

A new thread to discuss IPTV with no mention of that old provider some of us used. 

I imagine this thread will be pretty quiet, now most of us are settled on the same one. 

Any long term members of the site looking to swap stupid Sky/Virgin bills for solid IPTV services, post in here and we’ll attend to your needs. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, janmolby said:

@Captain Turdseye Turdsey, after something to replace my current crappy IPTV service. Got a Philips TV running android, anything suitable that can run from one of the TV apps? Thanks

This one we’re on runs it’s own apps on Android boxes and Firesticks. 

I’ve just had a look and it says it can be installed on two paid apps for Samsung and LG TV’s only. My telly is Philips as well but I’ve got a little box that I use. 

Have you got a Firestick knocking around anywhere?

I've got a spare firestick somewhere.

I currently use an IPTV feed on our lg in one room and a Samsung in another, using smartiptv app. It's a bit hit and miss and was after a second feed from someone else. There isn't many apps available on the Phillips set but you can side load stuff, so don't see why it wouldn't run smartiptv or nanomid?

Is it a case of uploading an m3u playlist to the devices Mac address on the firestick, TV app? Is that how it works?

1 hour ago, janmolby said:

I've got a spare firestick somewhere.

I currently use an IPTV feed on our lg in one room and a Samsung in another, using smartiptv app. It's a bit hit and miss and was after a second feed from someone else. There isn't many apps available on the Phillips set but you can side load stuff, so don't see why it wouldn't run smartiptv or nanomid?

Is it a case of uploading an m3u playlist to the devices Mac address on the firestick, TV app? Is that how it works?

Not with Nanomid. Follow the instructions on the app and it's pretty straightforward.

He quite clearly states that it’s Samsung & LG only (Nanomid is one of the two apps he mentions, SmartIPTV the other), so I imagine he’s gone through all the faff of different telly manufacturers. 

@janmolby How often are you using your IPTV? This provider is spot on so if you’re using the IPTV all the time it’s definitely worth investing in a new generation Firestick or Android box, in my humble opinion. 

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s one that you have to be in a chat group for, Al. The initials of the name of it is OG. I’ve been on it 18 months. 

Is that what you’re using?

It is mate, tbh it's my lad who uses it in his house and I dunno if its just because he's a retard (most likely) but the thing never seems to work.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It is mate, tbh it's my lad who uses it in his house and I dunno if its just because he's a retard (most likely) but the thing never seems to work.

It works fine for the rest of us. I think, if anything, you’ve failed as a parent by not sorting it out properly for him. 

• Upvote 1

On 21/01/2022 at 16:03, Captain Turdseye said:

Sorted. 

Another one in the club. 

Not sure what happened to the original thread, but I assume you're still with OG? Still running really well for me and those friends and family recommended it to. I think we all just got lucky with OG, they contacted me in a PM on TK that one time and they must have had - at a guess - 20 long term subs out of it? 

Never did see any commission. 

• Upvote 2