You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

56 minutes ago, an tha said:

So Joshua can keep losing and then winning back belts on immediate rematches, but anybody who beats him along way does not get same opportunity if they then drop belts back to him?

I realise we can't have trilogys all the time - but this Joshua lad has had title taken off him twice now and got immediate rematches both times, clearly his team are good negotiators and get him these clauses and that helps him, but as i say for me he should get to fuck and earn his shot at the title as opposed to being given these immediate rematches.

Hopefully Usyk swills him again.

He has the title, then a challenger beat him and immediately lost. Challengers don’t have the same bargaining power. Why would he sign a contract where he couldn’t go for his belt back. Basically, just beat him twice and it’s done. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Yeah. They don't want to attract the wrong crowd. 

Does t half kickoff in the kickboxing events though all the big gyms seem tied in with gangsters. Kicked off big time in Belgium a few months back when Badr Hari took a load of Dutch and Dutch-Morrocans over to Belgium and his opponents brought a load of his Polish fans. Didnt end well

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Does t half kickoff in the kickboxing events though all the big gyms seem tied in with gangsters. Kicked off big time in Belgium a few months back when Badr Hari took a load of Dutch and Dutch-Morrocans over to Belgium and his opponents brought a load of his Polish fans. Didnt end well

Kickboxing is massive here. Most of my work mates don't even know who Tyson Fury is. 

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Kickboxing is massive here. Most of my work mates don't even know who Tyson Fury is. 

Yeah my old coach used to be flying over for fights and training. Bet they know Rico Verhoeven and Peter Aerts though. Massive with the North African and Surinamese immigrants. 

46 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Friend of mine, Ally, was in an absolute gun fight two weeks ago:

Really tough way to make a living.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Friend of mine, Ally, was in an absolute gun fight two weeks ago:

Really tough way to make a living.

One of the lads I'm working with used to be professional MMA. He's pretty much retired now due to age but still gets called up occasionally for sparring. He was helping prepare some bloke for a kick box title fight a few months back and described it as getting the shite absolutely kicked out of you while suppressing the desire to hit back. Fuck that like. 

16 hours ago, cloggypop said:

One of the lads I'm working with used to be professional MMA. He's pretty much retired now due to age but still gets called up occasionally for sparring. He was helping prepare some bloke for a kick box title fight a few months back and described it as getting the shite absolutely kicked out of you while suppressing the desire to hit back. Fuck that like. 

My mate ended up joining us for a pint after being knocked out.

He was talking about going into MMA.

Was just sitting there shaking my head, it’s not worth my time talking crazy people out of doing crazy shit.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It'll be a bit of a circus but can't help but love it. Nigel and Snr going at it at the press conferences etc, it'll be brilliant.

Jr is a lot bigger than Benn though, so they'll have to make a catch-weight.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

It'll be a bit of a circus but can't help but love it. Nigel and Snr going at it at the press conferences etc, it'll be brilliant.

Jr is a lot bigger than Benn though, so they'll have to make a catch-weight.

Yeah the build up should be good.