You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

17 hours ago, Boss said:

I'd take the Charlo fight if I was him. He'll beat him pretty handedly. Bivol is dangerous, but probably too green to beat him. Notice no mention of Beterbiev? That's the fight.

Canelo is no fool.

Him and Reynoso are going to fight Beterbiev at the exact point he's declined enough not to pose a KO threat, but when he still has the belts and legitimacy.

It's not their first rodeo.

• Upvote 3

"One of the terms Marvin used for his training camp was that he was gonna go to jail"

"I suddenly realised that Marvin Hagler is beating himself up... if the introduction had gone on a minute longer, Hagler would have stopped himself"

"When Marvin Hagler came out of his corner, he was carrying with him all the frustrations and broken dreams of his life, and he was going to take them all out on somebody else"

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

41 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

"One of the terms Marvin used for his training camp was that he was gonna go to jail"

"I suddenly realised that Marvin Hagler is beating himself up... if the introduction had gone on a minute longer, Hagler would have stopped himself"

"When Marvin Hagler came out of his corner, he was carrying with him all the frustrations and broken dreams of his life, and he was going to take them all out on somebody else"

Excellent that. 

I'm no aficionado, but it really was a golden age for middleweight boxing and I watched the Hagler, Hearns, Leonard fights at the time, all brilliant.

It's a pity there was never a Hagler -  Leonard rematch, that would have been something else.

I remember Herol Graham winning a fight circa 88/89, overbigging himself and gobbing off "I want Hagler, I want Hagler". Hagler had I think, retired by that time, which is probably just as well.

Hagler would have killed him.

11 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Excellent that. 

I'm no aficionado, but it really was a golden age for middleweight boxing and I watched the Hagler, Hearns, Leonard fights at the time, all brilliant.

It's a pity there was never a Hagler -  Leonard rematch, that would have been something else.

I remember Herol Graham winning a fight circa 88/89, overbigging himself and gobbing off "I want Hagler, I want Hagler". Hagler had I think, retired by that time, which is probably just as well.

You should check out The Kings.

It's a 4 episode documentary, which came out last year, about Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran; their fights, the political climate and interviews with all the living principals:

https://watchserieshd.bz/series/the-kings-ol924/1-1

• Upvote 2

On 31/01/2022 at 09:50, Harry's Lad said:

Excellent that. 

Christ I’d probably rather get in the ring with a prime Tyson than Hagler. I’d be dead either way may as well make it quicker 

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

I shall watch the fight tonight. I don't really know much about the Williams fella but its nice to see a reasonably high profile fight that's not pay per view.

It should be a good fight. Eubank will win but it'll be competitive.

It's going to be interesting because Adam Booth is in the opposite corner, so he should give Williams a good game plan at least. Always thought Booth would've been good for Eubank. Eubank doesn't have any strategy in his fights. Booth would've taught him something he was badly lacking - a jab. He would've given him a plan to follow. Basically, everything he didn't have with Sr and Ronnie Davies. Apparently, Booth fucked him off after he told Michael Venom Page to get out of the gym during a sparring session.

• Upvote 1

Fully behind jnr for this. Don’t understand the hate he gets at times.

His cousin, Harlem, was on that boxing life stories with Tris Dixon recently. Proper nice lad he is. I think he’s with Booth too, so must be a bit weird for them all. He’s on the undercard later - will be supporting him too - podcast was worth a listen I’d say.

• Upvote 3

On 31/01/2022 at 09:50, Harry's Lad said:

Excellent that. 

Hagler was so eager for the fight he let Leonard dictate terms. So big ring, big gloves and 12 rounds rather than 15

• Upvote 1