You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep, full of shit that fella. Muppet and a half 

Sure is, but I reckon he beats Brook. He's much bigger, and was fighting at super middle weight not long ago. Quite a ridiculous match up, especially with Brook way past his best. Yeah he battered Khan but Khan is a part time boxer these days and just taking big fights for money. He is totally shot. That was probably the easiest fight Brook has ever had.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Sure is, but I reckon he beats Brook. He's much bigger, and was fighting at super middle weight not long ago. Quite a ridiculous match up, especially with Brook way past his best. Yeah he battered Khan but Khan is a part time boxer these days and just taking big fights for money. He is totally shot. That was probably the easiest fight Brook has ever had.

Nah. Brook was top class tonight. Eubank won the other week but Williams walked onto a few digs. I'd back Brook to beat him 10 times out of 10 if he gets close to his condition tonight. Eubanks biggest name on his win bank is an over the hill Abraham or a punch drunk De Gale. Groves schooled him. Billy Joe Saunders beat him. Brook is a level above. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah. Brook was top class tonight. Eubank won the other week but Williams walked onto a few digs. I'd back Brook to beat him 10 times out of 10 if he gets close to his condition tonight. Eubanks biggest name on his win bank is an over the hill Abraham or a punch drunk De Gale. Groves schooled him. Billy Joe Saunders beat him. Brook is a level above. 

Brook did look good, he's been waiting his entire career for this fight so he was motivated and in great condition. Khan was terrible though, the worst he's ever been. So this was a total mismatch. Brook is past his best despite the good performance tonight against a shot fighter. Eubank is younger, bigger, heavier and unlike Khan, he has a granite chin. I think he would stop Brook.

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Brook did look good, he's been waiting his entire career for this fight so he was motivated and in great condition. Khan was terrible though, the worst he's ever been. So this was a total mismatch. Brook is past his best despite the good performance tonight against a shot fighter. Eubank is younger, bigger, heavier and unlike Khan, he has a granite chin. I think he would stop Brook.

I agree and Johnny Nelson said the same that he might not be as up for it in his camp but for me he's a far better boxer. His accuracy is as good as anyones and Eubank still has those bad showboat habits that he can't back up. You might be right but I don't think Kell should be worried about it too much. I hope it happens. 

Haven’t seen it yet but thought in principle Khan may out class him from the outside: instead sounds like he was roundly battered and didn’t get a look in - Kell bookie odds on favourite for a reason.

Khan’s got some good wins on his resume (Maidana; Judah) but very spotty record overall. Probably made the most money from the sport relative to his actual all-round ability from the British set of boxers from the past decade or two.

3 hours ago, Belarus said:

Eubank Jr talks fucking shite doesn’t he? Saying that Kell was the reason he didn’t fight Golovkin. He stepped in when you pulled out you tit

Well pleased for you tonight, mate. I like both guys, so had no dog in this fight.

I've been in the other corner a few times, though, when the A side has ducked the fight for so long that he's managed to time the other fellas decline just so he can steal a win. The Canelo/GGG fight was the most recent, but the Manny/Floyd one was another and even Leonard/Hagler.

You must be made up. Enjoy my man.

• Upvote 1

Why the fuck are people talking about Brook vs Eubank Jnr?!

The latter is a 160 fighter trying to force a fight with a 147/154 fighter who has no belt just for a few quid.

Eubank Jnr is a fucking fraud who prances around the ring as if he has a title to defend. He talks the talk but rather than actually fight the top men at 160 he tries to go after the vulnerable guys at 147/154 or even 168 (how did that work out?)

Fuck that guy.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The latter is a 160 fighter trying to force a fight with a 147/154 fighter who has no belt just for a few quid.

Eubank Jnr is a fucking fraud who prances around the ring as if he has a title to defend. He talks the talk but rather than actually fight the top men at 160 he tries to go after the vulnerable guys at 147/154 or even 168 (how did that work out?)

Fuck that guy.

Tis. Compare both Brook and Eubank Jr's most recent performances and it's miles apart. Khan would fuck Eubank up 

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Well pleased for you tonight, mate. I like both guys, so had no dog in this fight.

I've been in the other corner a few times, though, when the A side has ducked the fight for so long that he's managed to time the other fellas decline just so he can steal a win. The Canelo/GGG fight was the most recent, but the Manny/Floyd one was another and even Leonard/Hagler.

The 'A' side know a loss costs them millions so they swerve it. Who can blame them really, but you realise who the warriors are. 

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Fuck that guy.

Brook said he would fight him in the post fight interview in his lockeroom. He probably would, too, both with Sky and a lot of money. I'd sail off into the sunset, personally. It's not going to get better than tonight.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The 'A' side know a loss costs them millions so they swerve it. Who can blame them really, but you realise who the warriors are. 

You do get the A side risking it when the other guy is at the peak of their powers, often enough, because they're tired of people accusing them of ducking and want to make it clear they're the man; Leonard/Hearns, Ward/Kovalev, Cotto/Margarito and De La Hoya/Trinidad to name a few. Actually De La Hoya was the perfect model of a money drawing phenom and he insisted on fighting absolutely everyone that people said he was scared of or wouldn't fight.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Nice one mate. Was buzzing last night. Didn’t drink either, so was wired when I went to bed still!

I think Brook does that to khan 9 times out of 10 from 2014 onwards, but I really didn’t know what was going to pan out last night. I did have a feeling khan was pulling a bit of a haye money grab like with the bellew fights. Was actually sad to see khan go out like that in the end - what an exciting career he’s had to follow!

13 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Nice one mate. Was buzzing last night. Didn’t drink either, so was wired when I went to bed still!

I think Brook does that to khan 9 times out of 10 from 2014 onwards, but I really didn’t know what was going to pan out last night. I did have a feeling khan was pulling a bit of a haye money grab like with the bellew fights. Was actually sad to see khan go out like that in the end - what an exciting career he’s had to follow!

I agree and I think that's a big part of why Khan avoided the fight. He didn't really care about being Ko'd(he'd already been out by Prescott so knows it's not the end of the world) but being knocked out by this guy in Britain was something he (rightly) concluded would be devastating to his prospects and earning power. Boxers know better than anybody that styles make fights, and when they don't know they pay people to advise them, and Khan was smart enough to the business to know that the Brook fight was just a stylistic nightmare for him.

Have to laugh at you saying that Khan had your sympathy in the end; a similar thing happened to me during GGG/Canelo. The way Canelo just ran up on him and decided to fight fire with fire in the second fight begrudgingly turned me into a Canelo fan. This sport plays with your emotions in a way you never think possible.

• Upvote 2

Last night might suggest Khan was wise to avoid Brook until he needed a last top-up of the pension pot. Both fighters have been a credit to British boxing and even if neither fight again they will go down in history as two of the best we have ever produced. Do find it odd that the two guys themselves can forget the animosity and find peace with each other, but random supporters on the internet can't let it go.