You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

On 16/06/2022 at 20:50, an tha said:

Any fighter regardless of what we may think of them who has the ranking to deserve a shot rather than this prick continually failing and getting inmediate rematches.

I just hate this rematch culture and especially when happens more than once ... for me lose your title - get in line. Lose it twice then deffo get in line.

I would call two losses continually failing. He was the champ and a rematch is normal. I get you don’t like him but how is the any different from every other time?

43 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Only saw the last 5 round of Bent vs Denny  but what a fucking fight that was. Just shows don't ha e to be big names to pit on a show

Yeah, evenly matched domestic level stuff is far better than prospect v journeyman and all this shit women's boxing they are ramming down our throats.

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, evenly matched domestic level stuff is far better than prospect v journeyman and all this shit women's boxing they are ramming down our throats.

The 2 min rounds are killing any progress womans boxing makes. Saved Katie Taylor a few weeks back as no way she would have got through them middle rounds. They don't have time to get stoppages and you just know its going the distance. And anything under top Taylor,Shields level is poor. Womans MMA on the other hand is superb,because tbey go 3x5 or 5x5 min rounds

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The 2 min rounds are killing any progress womans boxing makes. Saved Katie Taylor a few weeks back as no way she would have got through them middle rounds. They don't have time to get stoppages and you just know its going the distance. And anything under top Taylor,Shields level is poor. Womans MMA on the other hand is superb,because tbey go 3x5 or 5x5 min rounds

For women's boxing to move forward they need to fight in exactly the same criteria that the men do. 3 minute rounds, 12 Round fights and 8oz Gloves. Then it'll evolve like WMMA.

• Like 1

That's disgraceful from Ibarra

Rarely do I call a fighter a shithouse but little else to say about that performance. Losing the fight through 3 rounds, but still landing. Not marked up and she sits on the stool and starts ranting and shouting no at her trainer refusing to come out for the 4th. Just shouting I want to go home. Looks like she just turned up to get paid. Laughing and smiling wandering round the ring after

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

That's disgraceful from Ibarra

Rarely do I call a fighter a shithouse but little else to say about that performance. Losing the fight through 3 rounds, but still landing. Not marked up and she sits on the stool and starts ranting and shouting no at her trainer refusing to come out for the 4th. Just shouting I want to go home. Looks like she just turned up to get paid. Laughing and smiling wandering round the ring after

Ah , I only watched the highlights and it gave the impression that the trainer was stopping it. 

The Loneliest Sport

'I felt sad at seeing the end of Joe Louis. It was hard to take. In his dressing room later, blood seeped from cuts above both of his eyes. One of his eyes was swollen shut. I was with him all the way but it was like trying to console an old, blind man. Squinting in pain and embarrassment, he was unable to put on his pants or locate his shoes. I bent down and worked his feet into his shoes and tied the laces. I helped him out of the ballpark.'

- Sugar Ray Robinson 

FB_IMG_1656272711115.jpg

28 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

The Loneliest Sport

'I felt sad at seeing the end of Joe Louis. It was hard to take. In his dressing room later, blood seeped from cuts above both of his eyes. One of his eyes was swollen shut. I was with him all the way but it was like trying to console an old, blind man. Squinting in pain and embarrassment, he was unable to put on his pants or locate his shoes. I bent down and worked his feet into his shoes and tied the laces. I helped him out of the ballpark.'

- Sugar Ray Robinson 

FB_IMG_1656272711115.jpg

Disgrace what happened to him

Barely got a penny of his purses as his team took so much

Bloody Braddock got 10% of Louis earnings for 10 years after they fought

Of the over $4.6 million earned during his boxing career, Louis himself received only about $800,000

Then when he fought fights for miliatry veteran charities after the war, he never made a penny,but because he paid the money to them personally and signed the cheques the IRS decided he needed to pay tax on these "earnings". 

On a nicer note Max Schmeling made a good living post war by running a coca cola factory in Germany and would send Joe some money from time to time and paid the full costs for his funeral

• Upvote 2

Been listening to Joshua in interviews, I just cant warm to him. He's so scripted.

From what I can glean from the cliched stuff is that hes going to come out and use his advantages of size and height and he wants his corner to be able to tell him whether hes won a round or not. Fuck me, he should have a fair idea how a round has gone. Boxing by numbers, hes going to get knocked out.

• Upvote 1

On 25/06/2022 at 08:55, Kevin D said:

I was actually at that Tyson/Francis in Glasgow, that cost me £80 and lasted all of 20 seconds.

Tyson/Francis was Manchester and went to a 2ns round 

You are thinking of Tyson/Savarese - that was in Glasgow and was over in 1st.

On 25/06/2022 at 13:46, Numero Veinticinco said:

I would call two losses continually failing. He was the champ and a rematch is normal. I get you don’t like him but how is the any different from every other time?

As i said lose your belt once have a rematch, lose it again - especially almost straight away....get to fuck and get back in line.

Usyk deserves a rematch if he loses this one then, yeah?....Same then should have happened for Ruiz who didn't get one after battering Joshua to be champ and then losing on pts in rematch.

16 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The difference being these are the rematches. If the boot was on the other foot, then absolutely. But it isn't. 

So Joshua can keep losing and then winning back belts on immediate rematches, but anybody who beats him along way does not get same opportunity if they then drop belts back to him?

I realise we can't have trilogys all the time - but this Joshua lad has had title taken off him twice now and got immediate rematches both times, clearly his team are good negotiators and get him these clauses and that helps him, but as i say for me he should get to fuck and earn his shot at the title as opposed to being given these immediate rematches.

Hopefully Usyk swills him again.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Been listening to Joshua in interviews, I just cant warm to him. He's so scripted.

From what I can glean from the cliched stuff is that hes going to come out and use his advantages of size and height and he wants his corner to be able to tell him whether hes won a round or not. Fuck me, he should have a fair idea how a round has gone. Boxing by numbers, hes going to get knocked out.

He fought well against an aged Klitschko. He deserves a bit of respect for that.

He can't handle pressure on him. Thats why he got levelled by Ruiz who went toe to toe instead of standing there getting the odd punch. 

Usyk is levels above him as a boxer and a fighter. Joshua clearly isn't shit but top level? World Champion sharing the same belts as some of the greatest? It's embarrassing. I just want to watch Fury get in his head then get him in the ring and punch his head in.