You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

Lewis beats Fury all day. Fury is good but in Lewis' era he would just have been another contender, like Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, David Tua etc. Good but hardly legendary. Fury is fortunate that there are no good heavyweights around these days. It speaks volumes that the best heavyweight after him is a blown up cruiserweight.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Lewis beats Fury all day. Fury is good but in Lewis' era he would just have been another contender, like Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, David Tua etc. Good but hardly legendary. Fury is fortunate that there are no good heavyweights around these days. It speaks volumes that the best heavyweight after him is a blown up cruiserweight.

Think thats harsh

The same shit has been thrown at Lewis that the era wasn't great. Fury can only beat whats in front of him and he has beat the lot of them inc Wlad who was very good. Fury size alone makes him a tough opponent for anyone of any era, add to that his chin and footwork and he could compete with most of them. Fury is 4" taller,1" longer reach and 15/20lbs heavier than even Lewis who was huge. Lewis could also be hurt and quite lazy in some fights and one of his big things was to lean on heavyweights and make them carry his weight to wear them out. Thats not going to happen with Fury. Personally its a 50/50 fight and im a bigger fan of Lewis than Fury

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think thats harsh

The same shit has been thrown at Lewis that the era wasn't great. Fury can only beat whats in front of him and he has beat the lot of them inc Wlad who was very good. Fury size alone makes him a tough opponent for anyone of any era, add to that his chin and footwork and he could compete with most of them. Fury is 4" taller,1" longer reach and 15/20lbs heavier than even Lewis who was huge. Lewis could also be hurt and quite lazy in some fights and one of his big things was to lean on heavyweights and make them carry his weight to wear them out. Thats not going to happen with Fury. Personally its a 50/50 fight and im a bigger fan of Lewis than Fury

Spot on Lee. I'd edge towards Lewis because he fought better fighters IMO but Fury has shown (certainly with the Wilder fights) that he's top level. I just don't think he has the power despite tonight to wipe someone like Lewis out. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Spot on Lee. I'd edge towards Lewis because he fought better fighters IMO but Fury has shown (certainly with the Wilder fights) that he's top level. I just don't think he has the power despite tonight to wipe someone like Lewis out. 

Depends on which Lewis turns up, but Hasim Rahman and Oliver McCall but stopped Lewis

46 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think thats harsh

Great post.

Fury could have mixed it in any era.

I do not like the lad one bit these days, but he's an incredible fighter with massive advantages.

Those little check left hooks he was clipping Whyte with tonight were class. He has a bit of everything.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I hadn't thought of that. Full of coked up nobheads itching for a fight. 

That was me last night, except I wasn’t at Wembley and I can’t fight. 

My cousins are working in the bar at Allerton Manor Golf Club. Didn’t pay for a single beer all night. Best night out I’ve had in years. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Francis Ngannou

Pointless fight, Fury will twat him everywhere in a boxing ring. Ngannou will be blowing out his arse inside 5 rounds. 

Ngannou doesn’t have McGregor’s

profile. Just a shameless attempted money grab. Like McGregor’s.

During the extraordinary excitement of the 3rd Wilder fight, I thought Fury looked really bad.

He had a ridiculous amount of back fat, he walked straight in, hands down, to two clean knockdowns; then he had a guy, who was rocked by every jab, that it took him 6 rounds too many to stop.

Usyk said he “not impressed” by Fury’s performance and I could see why.

That display in mind, I thought Fury would beat Whyte. Jab his face off as a tentative Whyte is too reluctant to mix it up. We would not get an answer on if Fury is still the freak athlete he used to be, because that jab, that right hand and that uppercut are all still money.

I do wonder, though, after all the wars, the weight fluctuations and the age he is now at, whether he can 12 rounds with a professional like Usyk.

16 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

During the extraordinary excitement of the 3rd Wilder fight, I thought Fury looked really bad.

He had a ridiculous amount of back fat, he walked straight in, hands down, to two clean knockdowns; then he had a guy, who was rocked by every jab, that it took him 6 rounds too many to stop.

Usyk said he “not impressed” by Fury’s performance and I could see why.

That display in mind, I thought Fury would beat Whyte. Jab his face off as a tentative Whyte is too reluctant to mix it up. We would not get an answer on if Fury is still the freak athlete he used to be, because that jab, that right hand and that uppercut are all still money.

I do wonder, though, after all the wars, the weight fluctuations and the age he is now at, whether he can 12 rounds with a professional like Usyk.

If depends on if Usyk can close the distance effectively. As Fury can just keep him behind the jab and clinch as soon as Usyk gets close.

I think it'd be a bit of a shit fight with Fury just edging it on points.

23 minutes ago, Elite said:

If depends on if Usyk can close the distance effectively. As Fury can just keep him behind the jab and clinch as soon as Usyk gets close.

I think it'd be a bit of a shit fight with Fury just edging it on points.

Usyk gets stronger as the rounds go on.

He had AJ ready to go in the 12, and routinely throws 80-100 punches in the championship rounds.

I think he beats Fury.

Not prime Fury against Chisora 2/Klitschko, but this older slower version.

25 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Usyk gets stronger as the rounds go on.

He had AJ ready to go in the 12, and routinely throws 80-100 punches in the championship rounds.

I think he beats Fury.

Not prime Fury against Chisora 2/Klitschko, but this older slower version.

Not sure he will look that fresh himself these days. He will be 36 before any Fury fight for a start and Fury will wear him down in the clinch. Trying to carry 19st of Fury won't be easy

6" Height

7" Reach

45lbs

That's a monstrous amount of size to give up. And it's not like Fury is a Nikolai Valuev mountain with no skill. If Fury wanted that fight I think he comes in a bit lighter and more focused. 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure he will look that fresh himself these days. He will be 36 before any Fury fight for a start and Fury will wear him down in the clinch. Trying to carry 19st of Fury won't be easy

6" Height

7" Reach

45lbs

That's a monstrous amount of size to give up. And it's not like Fury is a Nikolai Valuev mountain with no skill. If Fury wanted that fight I think he comes in a bit lighter and more focused. 

I don't think he'd bother with Usyk. If somehow Joshua beats Usyk then Fury will be all over it. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

6" Height

7" Reach

45lbs

Beating Fury is not going to be a cakewalk; Usyk is going to have to be willing to pay a very heavy, perhaps career ending, price to get the win but I now make him the favourite in their fight.

Fury would come in at 275/280 again v Usyk. A 20 stone man with his skill set against Usyk would just be too much for him I reckon, and he'd win quite comfortably. He'd look to finish the fight reasonably early.

Can't see it happening though. As Stig says, if Joshua somehow hit bingo against Usyk then Fury would fancy coming back and pasting him everywhere.