Boss

Who's your favourite footballer ever?

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Sir Kenneth of Daglish.

Never left a ground without a smile on my face.

Sponsoring KP nuts at our local co-op in Nogsy.

The trophies, Hillsborough, his wife and breast cancer.

Even his league title with Blackburn.

What a player, man, human being.

Express lift to heaven.

Still think his 1st spell as manager is underrated.

Whilst watching anne I remembered he attended every single funeral..imagine what that would do to you?

Away from liverpool..Maradona..that documentary about him is simply brilliant.

In an age when he regularly had the shite kicked out of him,he was outstanding. 

The best player every imho.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Whilst watching anne I remembered he attended every single funeral..imagine what that would do to you?

Re Madonna did you see the documentary series when he went to Mexico to manage?. Bloody brilliant.

Just now, CapeRed said:

Re Madonna did you see the documentary series when he went to Mexico to manage?. Bloody brilliant.

Havent seen that 

I'll have too see of I can dig it out

Non Liverpool favourite would be Pele...just a genius in an era when the opposition could kick the shit out of you with impunity. And the fucker still looks good in spite of health problems.

2 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Non Liverpool favourite would be Pele...just a genius in an era when the opposition could kick the shit out of you with impunity. And the fucker still looks good in spite of health problems.

Something keeps him perky 

Liverpool: Robbie Fowler. My all time favourite player ever. Notable mentions for Xabi Alonso, Andy Robbo and Fernando Torres (broke my heart and it's still not mended the little bastard). 

Celtic: Larsson, no words needed. Notable mentions for Paul McStay and Jackie McNamara. 

ROTW: Zidane, Maldini and the original Ronaldo. 

4 hours ago, Boss said:

I don't mean who's the best player ever. I mean who's your personal favourite footballer? It could be someone that just had some attribute that you just loved. For me, it's Socrates. He just looked so graceful when he was in full flow. He ran like a gazelle. Just tremendous. And his headband was fucking badass. I could watch this shit all day.

My girlfriend met him once and gave him a hug. She said he was very pleasant and very tall.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He didnt attend every single funeral personally because some of them clashed or were very close together and logistics made it impossible to attend. What he did do though was make sure either he or members of the playing staff attended every funeral.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He didnt attend every single funeral personally because some of them clashed or were very close together and logistics made it impossible to attend. What he did do though was make sure either he or members of the playing staff attended every funeral.

Ahh apologies..I thought I read somewhere he went to every one.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

My girlfriend met him once and gave him a hug. She said he was very pleasant and very tall.

Did he smell nice?

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve said it before on the FF. I also loved Rob Jones. 

Only issue I have with Jones is the money he cost me, first goal scorer every game. I could have retired if he had a bit more luck.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

John Barnes, still regularly pretend to be John Barnes.

Absolutely. Dalglish, Barnes, Fowler. In the voice of John Motson or Gerald Sinstadt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Never quite got the fuss over Pele, all of his most famous clips are of him missing!

Obviously, i'm being facetious, but Maradona and Baggio are more my era.

22 minutes ago, Code said:

Did he smell nice?

He smoked multiple packs of cigs a day so I doubt it.

Non-Liverpool - Gabriel Batistuta. Loved everything about him. Flowing locks of gorgeous hair. Proper centre forward. Could head, hold up the ball and was quite good at twatting the ball dead hard into the back of the net. Very passionate celebrations too.

• Upvote 2