Boss

Who's your favourite footballer ever?

I don't mean who's the best player ever. I mean who's your personal favourite footballer? It could be someone that just had some attribute that you just loved. For me, it's Socrates. He just looked so graceful when he was in full flow. He ran like a gazelle. Just tremendous. And his headband was fucking badass. I could watch this shit all day.

• Upvote 3

Sir Kenneth of Daglish.

Never left a ground without a smile on my face.

Sponsoring KP nuts at our local co-op in Nogsy.

The trophies, Hillsborough, his wife and breast cancer.

Even his league title with Blackburn.

What a player, man, human being.

Express lift to heaven.

• Upvote 5

Diego. Kenny was a bit before my time. Diego, on the other hand, was in his pomp when I really began to take following the game seriously. You felt he was doing us a favour by living in our world.

I was also reminded yesterday, when I saw a video where he was lumped in with a load of dross from the 90's, how much I Ioved Rob Jones. He was the first quality Liverpool player whose career completely overlapped with 'my time'. God know how many times I watched him make fools of Sunderland players in the 1992 FA Cup final. Innocent times.

• Upvote 3

There are a lot of players that I have loved watching, Maradona, Cruyff, Zidane, Gerrard to name a few, but my absolute favourite is Kenny Dalglish.

His ability as a player is one thing, but his leadership on and off the field, his sense of duty, his humility and his undoubted love and respect for all things related to this club elevates him to Godlike status for me.

• Upvote 3

Watched a lot of Serie A when it used to be good and Serie A teams had a lot of players with excellent technique. Nesta was great to watch. Virgil-esque in that he made defending look easy. Zidane probably a bit obvious. My personal favourite non Liverpool at that time was probably Il Principe himself, Francesco Totti. Baller. @Jarvinja Ilnow

Liverpool - Gerrard. Imagine those years without him we'd of been well and truly fucked.

Non liverpool - Zidane. I could watch him with a ball all day it was like working class ballet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

The King.

Non Liverpool - Maradona.

I'd go with this too. Honourable mention for Cruyff and his 'fuck you' attitude to sponsors and such as well as his attitude to football of course.

• Upvote 2

Digger for us, he remains the most breathtaking natural talent i have seen in the flesh.

Elsewhere it's Maradona and Roberto Baggio. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Digger for us, he remains the most breathtaking natural talent i have seen in the flesh.

Elsewhere it's Maradona and Roberto Baggio. 

Baggio was a joy to watch