Trumo

Arsenal (H) - CC Semi Final 1st (not 2nd!) leg, Thu 13th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Latest Round Up

• Last Match Report

• Popular Contributors

• Depends if we want to spend around 50m for a Fabinho alternative. I doubt that. The more likely scenario if we sign him is if we think he could play further forward. And then I suppose he could fill in at 6 if Fabinho is injured.   I really would be surprised if we signed him, though. It just doesn't seem like the profile we'll look at.
    • Surprised at Nigeria's exit who I thought would go all the way to the final. Equally surprised that Comors made it to the last 16 at the expense of giants like Ghana, Algeria...My money now would be on I Coast/Cameroon. But wouldn't be shocked now if OLD Egypt pulls through. Anyways, the standard of African football remains dire.
    • One of the biggest reasons we are so widely hated by fans of clubs all over the land is this:   It is largely down to fact that we have 'fans' all over the rest of the country, and supporters of other clubs have to put up with our fans every day at school, work, in the ale house etc etc.   Other clubs (Man Utd aside) just don't have same presence all over and therefore are not universally hated....it must (and i know it does because i have heard people say it does) really nark people who have to listen to their local people, born/raised etc in their local town give it the big one about LFC to them....   People take it genuinely badly when what they see as 'glory hunters' basically betray their own towns/cities to 'support' us and compound it by giving it the big one.   I moved to London years ago and I remember a West Ham fan at our work saying to me how much he hated all the 'cockney reds' at work, and how as a result he developed a real hatred of LFC and i remember Tottenham and Arsenal fans saying same thing...and thing is these 'fans' they refer to are often the worst sort - clueless, sneering about the locals 'shit' teams and often so lacking in knowledge about game.   They then have a massive presence online too which then builds up the perception in other clubs fans minds all our fans are same dickheads/clueless pricks....and it builds hatred.   Imagine being a born and bred native of say Southampton for example and having to listen to another born and bred native of Southampton call Southampton FC shite and go on about how 'we' (Liverpool) are better than you/giving it the big one after beating you.....that happens in more or less every city and town across the land - and other clubs fans hate us as a result, because our club is a constant presence to them day in day out.   Man Utd are the only other club with same presence and they are hated a lot too.   Add that to a large dislike of us amongst people old enough to have lived through our dominance, and the generally quite high levels of anti scouse sentiment that exists and it explains the hate pretty well.