Bjornebye

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Firmino is very good in the sub role,and also as a stand in for injuries and suspensions. In fact,I think we might see him more next season as he has had a few injuries of late and Klopp might have felt he was able to cover those without Firmino. I think he could even do a sort of an advanced Thiago role given Thiago is prone to an injury or two.

I agree. I think we will need him to help develop a younger forward line, and Carvalho epecially could learn a huge amount from him.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Merson did give up the booze, right?

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Merson did give up the booze, right?

I don't mind Merson that much but he does drop a bollock quite often when talking abut Liverpool. 

Nothing wrong with what he said, he says he may find it harder as opposition are more aware of him, seems reasonable could be right could be wrong. Diaz need to contribute in terms of goals and assists next season unless he becomes prolific at being that pass before the assist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I agree with him. Diaz will struggle to stay on the bench as a bit part player next season and will most likely score more goals and create more assists. So yes, he will struggle to repeat his first half season.

5 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Puts money on Diaz to be player of the year. Is Merson ever right about anything?

Quite. I’ve just put my life savings on him winning the Balon D’or.

42 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

How many goals should we reasonably expect from Diaz next season. 15-20 would be a very good return. Need Jota to regain his pre March form too.

I dont see him getting more than 15 to be honest. Hope I'm wrong though. He just doesnt seem to have that natural cutting edge. I think he'll still be an important attacker but not with the numbers we've come to expect to expect from our wide players.

As long as he keeps being dangerous almost every game like he's been, I don't think we absolutely need a big jump in goals and assists. 

The difference with his finishing from someone like Mane is simply that Diaz seems more speculative with his shooting. That's the one thing maybe we could do with less of. If you look at the goals Mane scored for us, very few were from beyond the box.

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Puts money on Diaz to be player of the year. Is Merson ever right about anything?

Maybe Merson’s done the same thing? 

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Only thing that concerns me , is him and Nunez operating in  similar areas on the left. 

Sure Klopp knows what he's doing though 

Henry Pires combo vibes