You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I'm not criticising Jota, who's been a brilliant signing. I'm saying Diaz makes him look much less impressive. Technically or whatever. 

But how does Jota's end-product compare before and after, out of interest? 

I get what you’re saying. Quite often I think Jota hasn’t played well but then he scores.

I think Diaz has been really good in every game he’s played for us (when he came on at City the only exception) so far, he doesn’t have Jota’s goal return.

First half today was wretched. IMO, Jota wasn’t especially the issue. Everybody was better in the second half. We could have seen that half with Jota still on…

…irrelevant of Jota, there is something about Diaz I love seeing play. He definitely has a touch of Suarez about him. I text a couple of forumites before the game I was gutted Diaz wasn’t starting. He’s absolutely quality. No fear.

I mean, it's pretty clear that he's better than Jota if you have eyes. Doesn't mean Jota isn't useful, he's very useful, but it's becoming a trend that Jota makes us vulnerable because his all around game just isn't the best. Particularly, it's just hard to get out against teams that press with Jota up front because the ball doesn't stick and he's just not good at coming short. You look at Inter away, City in the league, this game.

Diaz just comes on and makes all the right choices, he's almost perfect technically.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, it's pretty clear that he's better than Jota if you have eyes. Doesn't mean Jota isn't useful, he's very useful, but it's becoming a trend that Jota makes us vulnerable because his all around game just isn't the best. Particularly, it's just hard to get out against teams that press with Jota up front because the ball doesn't stick and he's just not good at coming short. You look at Inter away, City in the league, this game.

Diaz just comes on and makes all the right choices, he's almost perfect technically.

Agree with this. Jota up front seems to work in the 9 against shite that sit back, or on the left against sides that try to play.

Luis, Luis, Luis, Luis!

aah-aaah-aah-aah-aah-aaaaaah

Diaz, Diaz, Diaz, Diaz!

aah-aaaah-aah-aah-aah-aaaaah

He's a completely different player to Jota so not sure why the direct comparison on here.  It's just as relevent to say Diaz is making Salah look mediocre at the moment, it's nonsense.

• Upvote 2

On 07/01/2022 at 19:41, Bjornebye said:

Plenty of rumours we have bid 70 million euros for him. One thing is for certain, if we sign him this lad is going to be superb and if we don't FSG can get to fuck and he will be shit anyway. 

I have no idea 

https://twitter.com/search?q=luis diaz liverpool&src=typed_query&f=live

giphy.gif

On 07/01/2022 at 19:44, 3 Stacks said:

One for the hipsters, him. Watch the games and he's terrible.

EDVP94tUwAAqbRz.jpg

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Upside, in side out .......Liverpool's Luis Diaz

He'll turn you inside out, Libpool's Luis Diaz.

He'll run and run again, Libpool's Luis Diaz.

Plays for the Mighty Reds, cuts in and scores for fun yeah.

He will wear you out, Libpool's Luiz Diaz.

Libpool's Luis Diaz.

Cut to trumpets...da da, dadada da dah...

1 hour ago, Moo said:

He's a completely different player to Jota so not sure why the direct comparison on here.  It's just as relevent to say Diaz is making Salah look mediocre at the moment, it's nonsense.

Their natural position is one and the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Moo said:

It's not nonsense. You can see the problems Jota gives us in certain games and you can also see where he is a solution. Yes, he and Diaz have different qualities, but they fight for a place all the same. I'm not sure what's so crazy about comparing him and Diaz when the comparison between Firmino and Jota was also made, despite their differences, and most wanted Jota to play instead. 

And then the Salah point; Salah is an everpresent who is breaking records with his goals and assists and has been great for about 4 of the 5 years he's been here. There's no valid overall discussion about whether someone should play in his place. 

3 hours ago, Moo said:

And that's really the point isn't it. They have different qualities. Against a parked double decker and no space behind one could argue Jota is the better option. Agianst teams coming at us with high pressure leaving acres of space behind Luis probably is the better option.

Versatility. Not a bad thing that!

We've got 5 superb forwards which is brilliant. Jota moved Bobby out of the way as he at the moment added more to the team. But now Diaz is here he's been adding more than Sadio at left forward. Luckily for Sadio he's been immense as a centre forward and has moved Jota out the way in that position. So Jota is now fourth choice. What a fourth choice forward to have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not nonsense. You can see the problems Jota gives us in certain games and you can also see where he is a solution. Yes, he and Diaz have different qualities, but they fight for a place all the same. I'm not sure what's so crazy about comparing him and Diaz when the comparison between Firmino and Jota was also made, despite their differences, and most wanted Jota to play instead. 

And then the Salah point; Salah is an everpresent who is breaking records with his goals and assists and has been great for about 4 of the 5 years he's been here. There's no valid overall discussion about whether someone should play in his place. 

You said this about Diaz fella:

One for the hipsters, him. Watch the games and he's terrible.