You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I know nothing about him but he’s skinny and ugly and any player who gets to that level while looking like that must be incredible.

As suspected, it can't be just me who thinks he's got the gnarly bastard shithouse look of a Diego Costa about him. From the youtube videos I've seen, he also has the gnarly never-say-die determination and steely will to win of Luis Suarez.

With regard to the ‘difficult’ and by inference, unrealistic add-ons that Spurs had made in their negotiations, they probably would have included winning the Champions League (yeah, right!), the Premier League (yeah, right!) and possibly for Diaz to score a mad amount of goals in pursuit of both. On the other hand, those same add-ons from LFC are far more realistic and achievable, whether in the short term or any time frame.

The agreement to pay the €8M immediately before suffering UEFA sanctions will have made a huge difference in Porto’s attitude to the deal. Add to that, the reference to having sought delays for the payment of Grujic, and it becomes clear that they were almost in a position of owing favours. This helpful financial relationship can be further leveraged in further transfers of future Porto players we may be interested in, in the coming years.

31 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Exactly. I was wondering why a lad who plays at right back is being selected ahead of Kaide Gordon.

Haha shit, I just saw what I did. Initially I had Bradley in at RB then realised Trent still fit, then still had Bradley on the mind when slotting Kaide in. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Its an old Blueshite song their fans bumped to the top of the charts when they became the October 2020 Premier League Champions.

Never heard it before. 
Pretty cringeworthy.

Don't really know much about him.  From the reports I've read today he looks an ideal fit but they said the same about Naby Keita.  It is encouraging that supporters of Sporting & Benfica are semingly delighted that they think the best player in the league has left their rivals.  I am liking the reports about his great workrate as well and that he's a contributer in both goals & assists. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

The agreement to pay the €8M immediately before suffering UEFA sanctions will have made a huge difference in Porto’s attitude to the deal. Add to that, the reference to having sought delays for the payment of Grujic, and it becomes clear that they were almost in a position of owing favours. This helpful financial relationship can be further leveraged in further transfers of future Porto players we may be interested in, in the coming years.

We've done similar with Harry Wilson to Fulham apparently. They would have breeched the EFL's far more stringent financial rules if they had had to pay us for Wilson up front. So the club let them delay payment to the start of their next accounting period so they could have the player.

Looks like we've made a further offer for this other lad, £5m and let him stay to the end of the season. As he's out of contract in 6 months, Fulham would be taking a massive risk if they turn that down and risk losing him for nothing.

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

They should get a tribunal fee for Carvalho anyway, so the question really is do they want the money now? 

Unless he went abroad then its a free, well a few thousand,plus future percentage  based on UEFA rules