You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

There was a moment in the first half against Spurs when he tore through them on the left and had a fierce shot on target, which Lloris parried; he then charged across the pitch to support the attack and when the ball went out of play he turned to the Lower Kenny, right in front of where I sit, and roared at us.

I got a twitch on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There was a moment in the first half against Spurs when he tore through them on the left and had a fierce shot on target, which Lloris parried; he then charged across the pitch to support the attack and when the ball went out of play he turned to the Lower Kenny, right in front of where I sit, and roared at us.

I got a twitch on.

That sequence of play was everything he’s about summed up in a few seconds. Great attacking skills, pace and power directly followed by a 25 yard sprint and agressive pressing.

Those that weren’t already convinced he’s boss surely must be after that.

On 09/05/2022 at 20:28, AngryOfTuebrook said:

he then charged across the pitch to support the attack and when the ball went out of play he turned to the Lower Kenny, right in front of where I sit, and roared at us.

I got a twitch on.

He's just a poor mans Erik Meijer. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Salou said:

Got a touch of the suarez's about him in that first 6 months, gets into all the right places but finishing just isn't finding the back of the net. 

Yep. He's gonna go mad next season. I think we all feel we've got another superstar on our hands. 

Been writing a song for him

He's called Luis Diaz, he dons a shirt that's red
I would like some more, I would like some more
When he shoots right footed, or with his left instead
I would like some more, I would like some more
He does a goal and Jurgen Klopp goes bonkers
And I'd very much like some more Luis Diaz 

It's to the tune of Enjoy the Silence 

Needs a bit of work, but it's an original composition.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He's the future. Unbelievable talent and mentality. 

It'll be really interesting to see him after a pre-season. Some of the unpredictability might be lost, but he'll be more integrated into the system, and probably better able to interchange roles and positions during games. Huge potential.