You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Did we not clear a few squad and reserve players to free up some of the cash for these players? I'm not criticising like,just saying that this is usually our transfer M.O.

Not really. Some squad and reserve players who had nothing to offer were shipped out; every club does that every year. Signing these first-teamers was unrelated.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m away to transfer him in on FIFA’22 imminently.

Can I be the first to question what this means for Salah’s contract or can I just potentially enjoy the moment? 

Think Mane would be the one most at risk (though probably not this summer).

Are we turning into the dumbest run club in the country. 

Why the fuck are they signing a winger now when Salah and Mane are back soon. 

Why aren't they buying a fucking replacement for Wijnaldum which has fucked us all season long. 

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Think Mane would be the one most at risk (though probably not this summer).

Diaz plays predominantly on the last, however, Mane can play on the right as well. 

I hope it is a case of us showing Salah our future ambition and that Spurs have forced our hand rather than us getting a replacement in early. 

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why aren't they buying a fucking replacement for Wijnaldum which has fucked us all season long. 

I’ve come to the conclusion that your account is a parody.

FYI, Thiago is also back now as well, not that facts make any difference to you. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Diaz plays predominantly on the last, however, Mane can play on the right as well. 

I hope it is a case of us showing Salah our future ambition and that Spurs have forced our hand rather than us getting a replacement in early. 

I don't think any of them are going we'll hopefully agree extensions of various lengths to all three and think we go into next season with our front three options being.

Mane, Salah, Firminho, Diaz, Jota, Carvalho, Gordon and Elliot (occasionaly).

But this move would make Mane the most expendable.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Are these questions or statements?  

Enquiring minds want to know. 

Just now, TD_LFC said:

I don't think any of them are going we'll hopefully agree extensions of various lengths to all three and think we go into next season with our front three options being.

Mane, Salah, Firminho, Diaz, Jota, Carvalho, Gordon and Elliot (occasionaly).

But this move would make Mane the most expendable.

Hmmm, I’m not sure. IMO, Firmino is the most expendable as Jota have effectively replaced him in our best 11 as you can’t ignore his goals return. 

Jota is the 2nd top scorer in the league this season with no penalties. I know Bobby has been injured but I still doubt he’d have already hit double figures.

For all the talk of Mane’s downfall, he still has 8 this season (Jota 10, Mo 16).

Mane and Salah can also play centre forward as well. 

We could also rest Salah a bit more and not expect to much of Gordon. 

I think Salah will eventually sign a longer contract, Mane a shorter contract (plus the extra motivation of Diaz breathing down his neck) and Firmino will be sold in the summer. 

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

For the same reason we waited until the end of the transfer window before we brought in two emergency shirt-filler centre backs last year. 

(Fortunately, there's no damage this year. We've lost nowt while the lads have been away.)

17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

At least you're not a Spurs fan...

• Upvote 1