Pureblood

Compulsory Covid Jabs

Compulsory Covid Jabs?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour?

33 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

What this place needs is another Covid thread.

Simple question - are you in favour? 

Only a moron would try to ask a complicated question as a simple Yes/No.

Moron.

Nope, never.

The individual should not have to submit to the collective on a matter of conscience.

Though as a caveat they should also accept going against the collective and any restrictions this brings, such as access, movement etc if the threat is serious enough.

Is a government allowed to do this in good conscience, backed by science, research and expertise, yes, if it serves the greater good. Of course though we can not trust these spivs, so that’s an issue with that argument. 

So, collectivism, utilitarianism and individualism, the score stands at 1-1 (with a disputed goal)

I would never endorse it, but believe those that opt out also opt out of the benefits that a collectivist society brings and that is entirely their choice.

So, no. 

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Only a moron would try to ask a complicated question as a simple Yes/No.

Moron.

Your lack of testicular fortitude is (again) noted. 

Can I ask, what is the difference between opting out of benefits of society when the vaccine isn't compulsory and paying a quarterly fine of couple of hundred Euros when it is? It's just a fig leaf.

No.

However, I have no problem at all if businesses, bars, cinemas, clubs, sporting establishments, forms of public transport etc all decided to deny their services to those unvaccinated without valid medical exemptions.

• Upvote 1

No. It’s a precedent I don’t feel at all comfortable with.

I believe people should be able to make their own mind up about what they inject in their bodies.

I believe the peddling of misinformation (for and against) should be treated more seriously.

I believe all who can have the vaccine, should have the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its not a Yes or No answer. But if you are dodging getting vaccinated without having a valid medical reason then you are a giant cunt.

What if you're Lisa Shaw and the jab means certain death?  Previously healthy, took jab, dead. 

Just now, Pureblood said:

Laws are being passed this month to take effect from February. 

How long do they expect the compulsory jabbing to take, what are the logistics, is it house vists, rounding people up in vans, submitting to your local hospital?

What powers have the police been given to forcibly remove people and take them to their local facility?

Just now, TD_LFC said:

How long do they expect the compulsory jabbing to take, what are the logistics, is it house vists, rounding people up in vans, submitting to your local hospital?

What powers have the police been given to forcibly remove people and take them to their local facility?

Well, who knows where it'll lead eh?  At the moment the means of enforcement is fines for those who don't comply. It's one hell of a slippery slope we're on. 

Just now, Pureblood said:

Well, who knows where it'll lead eh?  At the moment the means of enforcement is fines for those who don't comply. It's one hell of a slippery slope we're on. 

But it says compulsory jabs?