You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Compulsory Covid Jabs

Pureblood

Compulsory Covid Jabs?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour?

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

The latest studies show that although antibodies fade, t-cell immuno repsonses remain in place long term. So you immune system won't stop the burglar getting into your house, but it will chase the fucker around your house twatting it with a bat.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Will it do any damage to the burglar or will he nick your life savings?

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

The burglar may get lucky very occassionally, but as a rule of thumb, he's fucked!

But I have an autoimmune disease, being treated with immunosuppressant meds. 

It’s a quandary alright. I’ll probably get the booster if we’re still doing them, but I think this has bought me a couple of months to wait and and see where the science goes next. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s a quandary alright. I’ll probably get the booster if we’re still doing them, but I think this has bought me a couple of months to wait and and see where the science goes next. 

If you've had it and been fine, you're likely (although not definitively) to respond with stronger reaction to it next time. As will everybody else.

17 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

If you've had it and been fine, you're likely (although not definitively) to respond with stronger reaction to it next time. As will everybody else.

Just been told that a young lad in my eldest son’s class at school has tested positive for a second time, less than two months apart. So has the lad’s older brother.

Assume they had the Delta, then now the latest variant.

Both are well, healthy young lads and is/were symptomatic both times. But a ballache to have it twice about 7/8 weeks apart. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

See if you can be a guinea pig and get some free antibody tests. You seem like the sort of person they would want to fidget with and monitor in a study. If you could get two antibody tests you could measure what is going on in your body over a period of time that might help inform your decision. There is a test out there that measures t cells and antibodies in one blood test.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Just been told that a young lad in my eldest son’s class at school has tested positive for a second time, less than two months apart. So has the lad’s older brother.

Assume they had the Delta, then now the latest variant.

Both are well, and is/were symptomatic both times. But a ballache to have it twice about 7/8 weeks apart. 

My nephew has tested positive on a PCR (post travel) but negative on an LFT. I wonder if it's just the old infection showing up, as he feels 100%.

If they are both bona fide cases within such a short time I think it's probably very rare.

30 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

My nephew has tested positive on a PCR (post travel) but negative on an LFT. I wonder if it's just the old infection showing up, as he feels 100%.

If they are both bona fide cases within such a short time I think it's probably very rare.

Genuinely wouldn’t have a clue.

There are there chances of a false positive I’d imagine, I believe this has come up on an LFT, where previous these 2 lads have tested negative between infections. 

I’m going to test my lad later when he’s back from school as he’s in the same class. He stopped testing positive just over a week and half ago.

Ireland set to follow suit.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/civil-liberties-group-leads-opposition-to-reckless-mandatory-vaccination-kwptmgj0j

It follows the publication of minutes from a meeting of the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) last month that revealed mandatory vaccination is set to be discussed. They said the Department of Health was preparing a paper setting out the “relevant ethical and legal considerations” on the issue.