You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Compulsory Covid Jabs

Pureblood

Compulsory Covid Jabs?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour?

We give up individual "freedoms" everyday for greater good of societal freedom. 

I want to carry a gun, which do not kill people, but can't. Why not ? Me carrying a gun would not hurt anyone, perfectly safe, yet the law says I can't, so can't.

I want to shout "fire" in a nightclub ( obviously only full of people with Covid passports), but can't. Shouting words would not hurt anyone, perfectly safe, yet the law says I can't. 

Vaccines should not be compulsory, you have a right to refuse, but you have to live with the consequences of your choice. 

Lots of countries have for many years required travellers to have injections if they wish to go there. Yellow fever, typhoid etc.

Look at the individual "freedoms" we gave up during war, curfews, food rationing, moving children away from their family. Conscientious objectors being sent to prison being probably the most extreme. 

• Upvote 2

I think everyone in the country should get an "I heart Boris Johnson" tattoo. It won't be compulsory, but you won't be able to get into shops, restaurants etc without one.

Sure it will hurt a bit, but it's basically harmless, and you'll hardly notice it, so what's the big deal?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think everyone in the country should get an "I heart Boris Johnson" tattoo. It won't be compulsory, but you won't be able to get into shops, restaurants etc without one.

Sure it will hurt a bit, but it's basically harmless, and you'll hardly notice it, so what's the big deal?

I suspect you’ve already got one next to your thatcher one fella. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes. That's exactly what vaccine mandates are like.

Derp.

Don't think its been mentioned but Italy have mandatory vaccines for kids to attend school prior to covid -- ten jabs in total MMR, diphtheria etc. Under six banned from care facilities and over 6 the parents are fined but not banned from school. They also have strict laws on FFP2 mask wearing in certain crowded spaces and all kids over 6 have been wearing masks in classrooms. Not sure you can generalise and say Italy is doing this therefore the UK will adopt comparative measures on mandatory vaccines. Prior to covid they also had the oldest population in Europe, they still might have so I suspect the demands on public health are possibly different and a different history with mandated vaccines.

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Incredibly brave. Has dedicated the majority of his life to saving others yet some on here will label him a selfish cunt because he hasn’t been vaccinated?

Obviously this is a very emotive subject as people are dying but this is all becoming too divisive for me and that’s what I find most scary.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think conflating people who don't believe in any kind of vaccine mandate, with being anti-vax is malicious and dangerous.

The idea of a blanket "Yes" or "No" on such a complex issue is malicious and dangerous (so it's no surprise to see who started this stupid thread).

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

I think conflating people who don't believe in any kind of vaccine mandate, with being anti-vax is malicious and dangerous.

All they have are straw men. And I can't be the only one chuckling at the irony that the same people arguing for vaccine IDs to partake in normal everyday activities are typically opposed to voter IDs to partake in democracy. So much for consistency, folks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All they have are straw men. And I can't be the only one chuckling at the irony that the same people arguing for vaccine IDs to partake in normal everyday activities are typically opposed to voter IDs to partake in democracy. So much for consistency, folks.

There's no such thing as a "vaccine ID".

What was that you were saying about straw men?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I just hope people remember the ones that were antivax once this is all over. 

I personally don't have a problem with people being anti-vax if they have a genuine sincere reasons and don't just feed into the constant lies and then spread the same bullshit whilst ignoring absolute reality. That's when they become dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I just hope people remember the ones that were antivax once this is all over. 

Oh, I'm sure the type of idiot who doesn't realise that these things are about intentionally dividing people will be perfectly happy to keep doing what the jackboots want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2