You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - 2022

Captain Turdseye

Yea, uh. ok.

Even though the Saudi Arabian government has been accused of myriad human rights violations by watchdog groups around the world, Phil Mickelson says he is willing to get involved with a Saudi-financed breakaway golf league to have leverage with the PGA Tour.

"They're scary motherf---ers to get involved with," Mickelson told author Alan Shipnuck, who posted an excerpt of his upcoming book, "Phil: The Rip-Roaring (and Unauthorized!) Biography of Golf's Most Colorful Superstar," on the Fire Pit Collective website Thursday.

"... They killed [Washington Post reporter and U.S. resident Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights," Mickelson continued, in an interview that Shipnuck said took place in November. "They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates."

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, uh. ok.

Even though the Saudi Arabian government has been accused of myriad human rights violations by watchdog groups around the world, Phil Mickelson says he is willing to get involved with a Saudi-financed breakaway golf league to have leverage with the PGA Tour.

"They're scary motherf---ers to get involved with," Mickelson told author Alan Shipnuck, who posted an excerpt of his upcoming book, "Phil: The Rip-Roaring (and Unauthorized!) Biography of Golf's Most Colorful Superstar," on the Fire Pit Collective website Thursday.

"... They killed [Washington Post reporter and U.S. resident Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights," Mickelson continued, in an interview that Shipnuck said took place in November. "They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates."

Sounds like a spoof interview.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Hovland could do with working on his bunker play. 2 pretty poor shots in successive holes

Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow. 

Hatton who is the leaderball together with Hovland today is on +5, Hovland with two terrible three puts for bogey etc, etc.

Just now, Code said:

Its going to be an interesting day tomorrow. 

Hatton who is the leaderball together with Hovland today is on +5, Hovland with two terrible three puts for bogey etc, etc.

Its funny how quite often if a playing partner is having a stinker it can also negatively affect the other player.  Brings a few extra players into the mix though

39 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Its funny how quite often if a playing partner is having a stinker it can also negatively affect the other player.  Brings a few extra players into the mix though

Make it three ridiculous three puts and three bogeys now. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Only realised yesterday that I’m away for Masters Weekend, which is when we play City away too. Gutted. 

Not as gutted as Mrs Turdseye and the kids will be when you tell them you’re going to be spending much of your weekend away in front of a television. 

Given the circumstances, I’m sure they’ll understand. 

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Not as gutted as Mrs Turdseye and the kids will be when you tell them you’re going to be spending much of your weekend away in front of a television. 

Given the circumstances, I’m sure they’ll understand. 

Kids aren’t coming but if the title is still a possibility I’ll be finding a pub for the football, for sure. 

I was hoping to nab a ticket off here but I’ve done gone fucked up the date. I originally booked it for a week later, before realising it was Easter weekend. I should have moved it to June for my birthday even though it’s a present for her birthday. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Code said:

This is some strange broadcast, why on earth do they keep showing Will Zalatoriz om +7.

Given how bad some of the leaders are playing someone miles off might win it.

The standard has been embarassingly bad.  That bunker shot from Gooch was brilliantly hilarious

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Given how bad some of the leaders are playing someone miles off might win it.

The standard has been embarassingly bad.  That bunker shot from Gooch was brilliantly hilarious

It will be Hovland, Scheffler or Woodland I think

I thought this was one of the most interesting tournaments in a while, tough conditions, great course and exciting until the last hole. 

Hovland can only thank himself for not winning this one, but Scheffler simply is a better putter and his superb par save on 17 son him the tournament. 

8CBE7FEC-50B2-44BC-A3F4-0FDAF400F4F6.jpeg

B593AF33-8B20-4950-97AB-06A3EDFE04A0.png

Pissing down at Sawgrass, going to be thunder storms later as well. Could throw a few fancied players off. 

Hoping for a good showing from the British contingent (Not Rory the cunt) but I fancy Hovland or Cantlay to go well. 

Jammy bastards though, best job in the world. I love this course. 

65216.jpg

6yrazu16fbs31.jpg?auto=webp&s=98a6f2dca4

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Pissing down at Sawgrass, going to be thunder storms later as well. Could throw a few fancied players off. 

Hoping for a good showing from the British contingent (Not Rory the cunt) but I fancy Hovland or Cantlay to go well. 

Jammy bastards though, best job in the world. I love this course. 

65216.jpg

6yrazu16fbs31.jpg?auto=webp&s=98a6f2dca4

Why is Rory a cunt?

18 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Why is Rory a cunt?

Because I think he's one. Appreciate you might not feel the same. I don't like that he cosied up for a game of Golf with Trump in 2017 when the world knew how much of a cunt he was, I don't like his football team and I don't like how he's often smug and dismissive of the media when they ask him completely normal questions. 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Because I think he's one. Appreciate you might not feel the same. I don't like that he cosied up for a game of Golf with Trump in 2017 when the world knew how much of a cunt he was, I don't like his football team and I don't like how he's often smug and dismissive of the media when they ask him completely normal questions. 

Well done for editing, I just ignored your first response. 

Can kind of understand people complaining about him playing a round of golf with Trump 5 years ago but he's spoken out against Trump and his politics plenty of times since and I think that should be held up with more importance than 18 holes.

He's easily on of the most honest players on tour when I've seen him get interviewed. 

3 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Well done for editing, I just ignored your first response. 

Can kind of understand people complaining about him playing a round of golf with Trump 5 years ago but he's spoken out against Trump and his politics plenty of times since and I think that should be held up with more importance than 18 holes.

He's easily on of the most honest players on tour when I've seen him get interviewed. 

Thanks.