You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf - 2022

Captain Turdseye

New year, new start. The Sentry Tournament of Champions kicks off today. Small field and wide open betting wise because nobody really knows how each player is hitting the ball after the mini-break.

Still, there’s expected to be a low score for the four days. I read somewhere the other day that 24-26 under par could be the number. 

Anyone that comes out with the putter hot has a chance so it’s worth looking at outsiders for e/w bets. In the last ten years this has been won by the usual group. DJ x 2, JT x 2, Spieth, etc. Paddy Power are paying six places, so that’s where I’ve taken my hefty outsiders. 

508668FD-E083-468E-BDCF-5B4B736078AD.jpeg

2C851E20-6024-46D7-BADC-06D41DDAD75D.jpeg

All of these lucky, lucky bastards are starting the new year with a fun weekend in Hawaii and a guarantee of loads of money. 

• Downvote 1

@dave u and anyone else wanting to get involved.. @sir roger… 

Fancy a little betting contest throughout the year? No money on the line on the forum but post screenshots of bets before the tourneys start (or at the cut, Friday night/Saturday morning) being honest about ones that have lost, and keep track of everyone’s + or - total. 

I don’t bet on golf every week and I only do small bets. I know some of you are the same. Pick & choose your own events and get the screenshots up. Maybe you’ll be the only one having a flutter on certain events. Could be an interesting idea….

The final event allowed will be the Hero World Challenge which I think is in December. 

At the moment I stand at -£10 due to my two bets above. A tenner is more than I’d usually put on. 

The winner gets all the pride and adulation they deserve. 

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not sure there is a cut, Rog. There’s only 30 odd players. 

The time to get big value on outsiders is now. 

Hadn't realised it was a small field , nipped on and had £6 in an account , so put 4 x £1.50 to win on

Na 66/1, Homa 80/1 , Davis 100/1 and Grace 125/1

• Upvote 1

On 06/01/2022 at 12:37, Captain Turdseye said:

New year, new start. The Sentry Tournament of Champions kicks off today. Small field and wide open betting wise because nobody really knows how each player is hitting the ball after the mini-break.

Still, there’s expected to be a low score for the four days. I read somewhere the other day that 24-26 under par could be the number. 

Anyone that comes out with the putter hot has a chance so it’s worth looking at outsiders for e/w bets. In the last ten years this has been won by the usual group. DJ x 2, JT x 2, Spieth, etc. Paddy Power are paying six places, so that’s where I’ve taken my hefty outsiders. 

508668FD-E083-468E-BDCF-5B4B736078AD.jpeg

2C851E20-6024-46D7-BADC-06D41DDAD75D.jpeg

All of these lucky, lucky bastards are starting the new year with a fun weekend in Hawaii and a guarantee of loads of money. 

The baldy fella, Stig’s mate, is right in with a shot at the places. If he can grab 6th on his own I’ll net £100 or so. 

30F516DA-20D2-4929-B62A-8AB144B9F129.jpeg

Sir Roger fucked up. He fucked up badly. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The baldy fella, Stig’s mate, is right in with a shot at the places. If he can grab 6th on his own I’ll net £100 or so. 

Sir Roger fucked up. He fucked up badly. 

Serves me right betting half asleep after midnight on a tiny I Phone 5 with a scuffed screen. Still avoiding Dave's death glare and hoping Smith collapses.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Serves me right betting half asleep after midnight on a tiny I Phone 5 with a scuffed screen. Still avoiding Dave's death glare and hoping Smith collapses.

Cink bogeyed the first. This is what happens when I post bets on here. 

Anyone joining this little contest should tank me easily. It’s just a matter of how much I lose. 

On 06/01/2022 at 13:42, VladimirIlyich said:

Did he cost you money?

Yeah when he beat Tom Watson in that play off at The Open years back. To be fair he just won, it was Watson that lost it but his shiny bonce reminds me of that day so I hate him.