You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2021 Africa Cup of Nations

JohnnyH

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Maybe they’re flexible on when he steps up, if it’s one they need to stay in the match. 

Possibly I’m just not a fan of it.

We all laughed when Ronaldo saved himself to last with Portugal I think it was and then he missed.

I love Mo I just think think best pen taker should go first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Then don't watch? I don't complain about the standard of the SPL or the  Championship, I simply don't watch.

The Championship is decent standard IMO. I don’t watch Ligue 1 or Eredivisie but with the exception of PSG or Ajax, I reckon they’re closer to the Championship than PL in terms of quality. 

1 hour ago, Code said:

Nonsense.

The best should take the fifth. 

The best player should take an utterly theoretical spot kick? Interesting theory.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Wow, how to come back from that scorching burn? 

A riddle, is it? 

OK, If I was forced to guess,  you will start with arguing over the actual literal meaning of several of the words I have used, and then move on to placing a finer point on subjects already adequately covered, until finally leaving us with the strong impression that your keen mind allows you to decipher football in a fashion beyond our ken.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Hopefully Salah wins it, we go on to do the quadruple and Fifa still somehow find a way to give Messi the Balon d'or.

It's Ronaldo's turn next.

A goal on his debut.

Dragging Utd single handedly up to 5th.

Having grown men doing his stupid goal celebration in the street.

Nurturing Greenwood.

Shoe in.

• Upvote 1

Given all their knock outs have gone to extra time, Mo has just played the equivalent of 4 games in 8 days.

All games in c.90d weather on shite pitches. 

If we didn’t need them back for the Inter game (we should be able to cope in the League) , I’d be giving them a week off. 

I wonder if the winner will get extra time off for any celebration? At least they won’t come back having had 15 pints in celebration. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Given all their knock outs have gone to extra time, Mo has just played the equivalent of 4 games in 8 days.

All games in c.90d weather on shite pitches. 

If we didn’t need them back for the Inter game (we should be able to cope in the League) , I’d be giving them a week off. 

I wonder if the winner will get extra time off for any celebration? At least they won’t come back having had 15 pints in celebration. 

Yeah we’ve really been stiffed by Mo and Sadio being good. They could probably use a couple of weeks off minimum when they get back.