Trumo

Arsenal (A) - CC Semi Final 2nd (not 1st!) leg, Thu 20th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)

Never in doubt really. Klopp wins semi finals. That's what he does.

Fantastic result and a very good performance.

Trent was brilliant. Anyone highlighting his limitations is not looking hard enough at what he brings. Another 2 assists and should have had at least 1 more.

Robbo was fantastic too, with Saka in his pocket and his constant attacking support.

Jones was ace, and just what we needed. If Gini played that game, everyone would be wanking him off. Its where Gini was at his best, particularly away in the big games, holding onto the ball, closing everyone down, and drawing clever fouls.

And of course Jota - what a fucking player. Both goals were fucking boss, even with the scuffed first.

Back to Wembley. Fucking buzzing.

Edit - that fucking lino had no right to cut the celebrations like he did. VAR would have checked it anyway. Prick.

Edit 2 - Arsenal are wank. Shite characters, shite style of football, and a shite personality of a manager. I'll take Martinelli off them, mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Wembleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Smith was almost crying after the first went in.

I thought he was fair, all things considered. He never once thought they had a chance, and kept calling our second.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Not that you'd know from Sky's audio. Pissed me right off that has.

I had an Arabic stream so I didn't have to mute the bell whiff sly cunts. 

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

I thought he was fair, all things considered. He never once thought they had a chance, and kept calling our second.

Yeah, thought he was fine. Very complimentary about a lot of our play. 

• Upvote 1

I would just like to say I think it is disgusting that we got the first leg postponed so we would have Mo and Sadio available for this. Let's be honest they are the only reason we got through and I for one feel ashamed.

45 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I had Upson on my stream. He's actually a pretty good co-commentator.

Me too. I don't think he's worse than others generally, but he and the announcer, I think it was Steve Banyard, were absolutely ridiculous in the first 20 minutes. You would have thought Arsenal had scored 3 in that time.

There was a discussion earlier about Curtis Jones and a decision needing to be made. The lad is a baller, he the same age as Saka and Martinelli and a year younger than Smith Rowe. Those 3 are really highly rated and none of them are at Jones level yet. In many ways I think the job Klopp asks from his midfield 3 actually clouds how good someone like Jones or Elliott are. They need to be safe with the ball, something Curtis took to far last season. 

Who would have guessed the people behind the Caraboo Cup Twitter feed would have a sense of humour.

Aaaaand…

I love how it makes arguably the worst performance of this season irrelevant. 

It's also the kind of performance that can get a season back on track. 

A nice little subplot is that Martin Ødegaard had the option to join Liverpool or Real Madrid, chose Madrid and as a result is now at Arsenal bottling matches and waving Liverpool off to Final. 

• Upvote 1