You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - CC Semi Final 2nd (not 1st!) leg, Thu 20th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

One. I will never understand Arsenal fans. Of all the top teams, historically, they're by far the worst. They rarely try to support their own players, preferring instead to dip deep into the special songbook they keep for opposing fans. And some of their chants are just embarrassing - they were actually chanting 'Who are ya?' at one stage, like they were bloody Luton fans out on an FA Cup weekend jolly.

Two. Why do Sky always use the doleful-voiced ex-Gooner Alan Smith to cover our games against them? He makes Martin Tyler sound upbeat about us. I mean, it's not as if he's remotely insightful or amusing, he just sounds really pissed off he's having to watch us.

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

One. I will never understand Arsenal fans. Of all the top teams, historically, they're by far the worst. They rarely try to support their own players, preferring instead to dip deep into the special songbook they keep for opposing fans. And some of their chants are just embarrassing - they were actually chanting 'Who are ya?' at one stage, like they were bloody Luton fans out on an FA Cup weekend jolly.

Two. Why do Sky always use the doleful-voiced ex-Gooner Alan Smith to cover our games against them? He makes Martin Tyler sound upbeat about us. I mean, it's not as if he's remotely insightful or amusing, he just sounds really pissed off he's having to watch us.

He sounds like he genuinely hates us in every game he commentates. 

• Upvote 1

Are there a more entitled set of fans than Arsenal fans? Think they thought they’d done all the work at Anfield. Need to keep up the work rate and watch the diving that’ll no doubt gather pace this half. Not sure that Atkinson hasn’t got a dodgy call in him that’ll not be overruled by VAR so we need to keep it tight and take every chance we can.

• Upvote 1

Decent stuff from Curtis so far. 

That passing back - c.40mins - from deep inside their half all the way back to our keeper, where he was instantly put under pressure, is a nasty habit recently. If you're going to lose the ball, you may as well do so attacking - it's not as if we hold on to it well when we go all the way back!

If the ref was doing his job the Arse would have at least four players in the book already. For some reason Jota is standing-in for Mane as the player all opponents can hack down at will without punishment.

No idea how the second half will develop, with our choices on the bench. A lot rests on Fab taking more responsibility, Matip waking up, Curtis pushing on with his first half promise and Jota not being kicked out of the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

He sounds like he genuinely hates us in every game he commentates. 

Yep. I mean, for the neutral viewer it must bore them to tears hearing him. I doubt the Gooners like him that much. So why they inflict him on us I do't know. He sounds like his dog's just died.