You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - CC Semi Final 2nd (not 1st!) leg, Thu 20th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Can't help but feel we're losing a big advantage with the legs switched now. 

Definitely. It also eats into our “winter break”. 

The reaction to this postponement proves that nobody boils piss like we do. Why is anyone apart from Arsenal fans even slightly bothered? It’s got nothing to do with any of them and disadvantages absolutely nobody. Were they all that desperate to watch Arsenal’s first team wipe the floor with our under-18s?

• Upvote 1

Just made the mistake of clicking the "Liverpool Football Club" trend on Twitter and we're getting a ton of shit for this game being called off. How and fucking why? How could this possibly be a "one rule for LFC and another for everyone else." Most top flight clubs have had games cancelled by now. 

This isn't like that Leyton Orient vs Spurs situation last season. Omicron is so contagious that outbreaks are practically impossible to stop once there's a positive case. Both of our senior coaches are out, along with seemingly half the staff and half the squad. The training ground is closed ffs. Do Arsenal really want a bunch of yet-to-test-positive players and staff coming into the stadium? 

I'm sure there'll be similar fucking whinging from Shrewsbury at the weekend too. I've already had mates from there contact me about FA rules that as long as we can field a youth team the game has to be played. All they want is their day out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Just made the mistake of clicking the "Liverpool Football Club" trend on Twitter and we're getting a ton of shit for this game being called how. How and fucking why? How could this possibly be a "one rule for LFC and another for everyone else." Most top flight clubs have had games cancelled by now. 

This isn't like that Leyton Orient vs Spurs situation last season. Omicron is so contagious that an outbreak's are practically impossible to stop once there's a positive case. Both of our senior coaches are out, along with seemingly half the staff and half the squad. The training ground is closed ffs. Do Arsenal really want a bunch of yet-to-test-positive and staff coming into the stadium? 

I'm sure there'll be similar fucking whinging from Shrewsbury at the weekend too.

We're obviously scared of the powerhouse 2022 Gunners, mate. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm sure there'll be similar fucking whinging from Shrewsbury at the weekend too. I've already had mates from there contact me about FA rules that as long as we can field a youth team the game has to be played. All they want is their day out. 

If that’s the case, that’s the case. Field that team and field the same sort of team each year going forward. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

95.8% of all football fans on Twitter are complete arseholes, and that applies to Liverpool fans as well.

I was sat next table across from two balloons when I was having lunch the other day and they were really arguing about Messi and Rapey Ron.

Most Balloon Doors this, most headed goals off a fringe that was in the House of Aquarius at the time that etc, you get the idea.

This went on for ages and they sounded like absolute clowns as they were getting really loud and agitated with each other

I'd wager that neither had ever watched a full game of football in their life as they didn't mention a single individual goal or thing from a game.

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

Pearce has been saying if Sunday goes ahead, it’s likely a number of u18’s will have to feature.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was sat next table across from two balloons when I was having lunch the other day and they were really arguing about Messi and Rapey Ron.

Most Balloon Doors this, most headed goals off a fringe that was in the House of Aquarius at the time that etc, you get the idea.

This went on for ages and they sounded like absolute clowns as they were getting really loud and agitated with each other

I'd wager that neither had ever watched a full game of football in their life as they didn't mention a single individual goal or thing from a game.

The modern i must like football because its a popular thing crowd

I see Vigoroux, Ex Liverpool 'player' and Leyton Orient keeper has stuck his oar in then been a bit of a cunt with a Liverpool fan.

The club’s goalkeeper tweeted: “Interesting when we were in the same position before a Carabao Cup tie against Spurs last season?” 

Told by one Liverpool fan it saved Orient 'getting stuffed', Vigouroux responded:: “It probably did mate but it lost the club, tv money etc which for a club at this level is important… I see you’re from the Cotswolds mate maybe try supporting your local club and helping them out.” 

My take was at the time, that game shouldnt have been awarded to Spurs despite the fixture difficulty.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

When the ESL was being touted, didn’t Real Madrid’s Perez suggest that younger people weren’t watching full games?  He was probably into something. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

When the ESL was being touted, didn’t Real Madrid’s Perez suggest that younger people weren’t watching full games?  He was probably into something. 

My son is 13, loves playing football, has played for the same Saturday team since he was 5, really good player and but try as I might he has never watched a full game of football, his team mates sound similar too.

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

My son is 13, loves playing football, has played for the same Saturday team since he was 5, really good player and but try as I might he has never watched a full game of football, his team mates sound similar too.

I have a 13 year old son too, big Liverpool fan, has been playing for the same for 7 year. He could watch football all day, every day. He knows pretty much everything about football : playing, watching, reading. 

He almost cried when I told him there was not going to be a fanzine  to celebrate  the championship. Well, I might have made up the last sentence ….

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

There is a reason Twitter limits the characters and Tik Tok is time limited.

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Who is he and what did he say. Looks a cunt.

Arsenal fan in the AFTV mould, cryarsing about the tie, so has a crack at scousers about paying their benefits. Big mistake, as the hunt is on and his old homophobic tweets get unearthed.

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Arsenal (A) - CC Semi Final 2nd (not 1st!) leg, Thu 20th Jan 2022 (7:45pm)