Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VladimirIlyich

Unsung Players/Notable Opponents

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MOGLET said:

I always thought Matt le Tissier was under rated by Ingerland, never really got the games his skills deserved.

Always seemed to be a bit part player, but back then I suppose you could say the same for a lot of our players who never got the games they really deserved, God, Carra, Clemence, for example, seemed to always be second or third choice over lesser players.

Especially when you look at who got picked ahead of them.

 

He was aa superb player. Cunt of a human but a brilliant footballer. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MOGLET said:

I always thought Matt le Tissier was under rated by Ingerland, never really got the games his skills deserved.

Always seemed to be a bit part player, but back then I suppose you could say the same for a lot of our players who never got the games they really deserved, God, Carra, Clemence, for example, seemed to always be second or third choice over lesser players.

Especially when you look at who got picked ahead of them.

 

Who did Carra lose out to that was a lesser player?

 

Fowler lost out to Shearer, really.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, m0e said:

Who did Carra lose out to that was a lesser player?

 

Fowler lost out to Shearer, really.

Well unless you think carra wasnt as good as terry or any of the scum who got a call before, then i guess nobody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MOGLET said:

Well unless you think carra wasnt as good as terry or any of the scum who got a call before, then i guess nobody.

He wasn’t as good as John Terry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nor Sol Campbell. Possibly Tony Adams or Steve Bould?

Adams and Bould retired before Carragher became an established centre back, but he was better than Bould, in my opinion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

He wasn’t as good as John Terry.

Or Campbell or Ferdinand. Which is why he never got picked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×