You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Netflix v’s Disney v’s Amazon v’s ANO

JohnnyH

Netflix - frustrating as fuck and their original content is consistently shite (give or take the very odd thing). The kids watch it a lot though. 

Prime - bit like the above but less annoying because we have it for the free delivery and so it’s just an added bonus. 

Apple - limited offering but all original and some of it is good. We have this as part of a package with other Apple services so again, it feels like a bonus. 

Disney - easily the best original content. We all love Star Wars & the MCU here so it’s a no brainer. 

• Upvote 3

Yep, another YouTube addict here, it just caters for weird niches you didn't even know you were into. For example I am bang into a channel where the guy tries to cross a country in a completely straight line, Hoffman's coffee channel, seal entanglement rescues and custom table builds using $5,000 slabs. Oh and the guy that carbonates things like whisky and Jaegermeister using a soda stream and tells you if it works

• Upvote 1

10 years ago we had none of this now after everyone has exhausted all the good stuff it’s all shit? 

Netflix is still sound especially for a decent series. Hard sometimes to pick a film before bed on it not sure if it’s your own algorithms or they simply don’t have enough content but it’s far from a shit service. 

Amazon has some great stuff but a lot of fillers and navigating round it is a pain in the arse. Glad we don’t pay extra for it because we wouldn’t bother. 

We’ve got Disney as she got it for her nieces and nephews when they come over but we haven’t used it enough. Agreed there is some great stuff on there from what I’ve seen so far. 

The Blaze Channel is where it’s at. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Netflix - frustrating as fuck and their original content is consistently shite (give or take the very odd thing). The kids watch it a lot though. 

Prime - bit like the above but less annoying because we have it for the free delivery and so it’s just an added bonus. 

Apple - limited offering but all original and some of it is good. We have this as part of a package with other Apple services so again, it feels like a bonus. 

Disney - easily the best original content. We all love Star Wars & the MCU here so it’s a no brainer. 

Sounds like you pay a fortune for streaming services?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I would agree with this assement Apart from the fact we don't have Apple TV so cannot judge.  

I’ve only watched two things on Disney. The Beatles documentary (11/10) and the first two episodes of the rebooted Wonder Years (7.5/10). I’ll get round to Dopesick at some point.

If this is the cream of their crop than it’s not a bad effort. Looking for a bit more depth to make it worthwhile though. 

I think Apple will be good when they release more decent stuff. Ted Lasso was good and I didn’t hate The Morning Show. Haven’t watched anything else.

Nothing to add to the Amazon/Netflix comments. They are what they are. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Good point on YouTube. I increasingly like it too. I don’t have the paid version though without adverts because where does it all end?

Download Vanced app. It's a hooky of version of YouTube Premium, it keeps all your bookmarks and channels which you follow but no adverts.

Been using it for months and it's an absolute godsend.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Download Vanced app. It's a hooky of version of YouTube Premium, it keeps all your bookmarks and channels which you follow but no adverts.

Been using it for months and it's an absolute godsend.

I followed this advice and use it on my phone. On the occasions I have to go back to original ad filled youtube I shudder

• Upvote 1