You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) - Sun 2nd Jan 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

9 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That last bit there is spot on and you can put your house on this being their main factor of joining the super league. 

Remember that all the founding clubs would not face relegation so FSG could continue to invest less and less and still have their feet under at the head of the table. 

The premier league would have become an after thought for them and eventually they would have pulled us out of that as the super League became established. 

I'm amazed how they have not received much more backlash from the fans over it as its pretty obvious what their plans are and motivation. 

Its like theyve seen us,win the CL and league and thought to themselves "well that will appease the peasants so now lets just put our feet up and rake on the rewards and well rinse and repeat every 5 to 10 years. 

1. Buy an up and coming player

2. Sell when they become a star

2. Invest that money into the team.

3 invest less over x years.

4  repeat step 1

You forgot the first and most important step, employ an absolute once in a generation genius manager.  The rest of the plan doesn't really work without that, unless you get lucky with a truly outstanding kid coming through the ranks. But they can't rely on luck, and the whole house of cards will tumble when Klopp goes.

The thing is, if you take those cheating cunts at the top out of it, this would have been a top of the table clash between 2 very good teams. For all the possession they had we made their keeper work far harder and for a 4 minute spell of poor decision making probably would be on top of the table tonight. 

It's criminal how City are being allowed to get away with their cheating without anyone having the balls to bring it up on national TV or the wider media. 

• Like 1

If we still have Covid casualties next week and players at the AFCON would we get a postponed match ? or is that just for every other club? We will be missing Mane, Salah, Naby Lad  plus any covid positives Allison, Bobby, Matip thats 6 missing how many do you need for the game to be called off?

49 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Keita and Chamberlain, 90m in total cost and you have to play Henderson and Milner so they can get passed around all game. And then they come on and do even worse. Says it all about those two.

Spot on terrible signings the pair of them have turned out to be. The pair of them and Milner need to be moved on this summer and 2 midfielders brought in to compete with Henderson/Thiago. One should have been brought in last summer not doing so has probably cost us the title. 

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We're all a bit pissed off right now, but pretending that Alisson, Fabinho, Keita, Jota, Tsimikas, Thiago and Konaté don't exist is just daft.

Allison, Keita and Fabinho came in the summer after we lost the Champions League final - which is what I meant when I said that was the last time we invested. Jota, Tsimikas, Thiago and Konate cost £106m - that's been three years of spending, spanning six transfer windows, where we've brought in £80m from sales. So, that's £8m net per season. To put that in perspective, Chelsea spent £173m net in the 2020/ 2021 season. It's a miracle we're even competitive with these two. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The depressing point for me was that  we lost those points from winning positions but had we taken those points the Afcon would have fucked us anyway. 

I think thats the point. Yeah, Brentford and Brighton played well, but a team who'd got 97 & 99 points, won the European Cup and knowing that 90+ (at least) points will be required this season, shouldn't be giving those points away.

Chelsea v 10 men - They were riding a crest of a wave and played really well.

City - We were fortunate to go in at half time at 0-0.

West Ham - Like Chelsea, they were riding a crest of a wave and played really well.

Those results are excusable. If we want / need 90+ points, Brentford, Brighton and Leicester weren't.

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

You don't know why anyone would? You must be quite naive. Why do you think they bought football?

There are other means to watch it these days, free of charge.

I love football, but I haven't subscribed to Sky for the last fifteen years.  

I watched a free stream and felt genuinely offended that I had to tolerate Tyler.  

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I remember that. He takes the Sky Dollar now though.

It's like when Hasselbaink excalimed in mock horror to Carragher, 'You must have your red hat on!' This coming from a 'pundit' who may as well turn up decked out in the John Terry Memorial Strip. And Carragher just took it, too scared that someone might mention spitting, I guess. He's so enslaved to that corporation these days he's just a helium-filled sporting Lord Haw Haw.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

There are other means to watch it these days, free of charge.

Wow, you revolutionary, you. Most of us watch the odd stream but seeing as most of them are as choppy as hell and riddled with viruses, it's hardly a great and noble mass strategy. Get the thinking cap back on, Trotsky.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

If we still have Covid casualties next week and players at the AFCON would we get a postponed match ? or is that just for every other club? We will be missing Mane, Salah, Naby Lad  plus any covid positives Allison, Bobby, Matip thats 6 missing how many do you need for the game to be called off?

Next weekend is fa cup v shrewsbury so be kids anyway.

Thurs against arsenal in milk cup semi our options are a bit limited though potentially.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Wow, you revolutionary, you. Most of us watch the odd stream but seeing as most of them are as choppy as hell and riddled with viruses, it's hardly a great and noble mass strategy. Get the thinking cap back on, Trotsky.

Always a pleasure, you smug twat.

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Tuchel came across well on Sky just now. Didn't rant about the Mane foul apart from saying he liked Mane, thinks he's a very nice guy but should have seen red for the foul.

His comments certainly surprised me.  Fair play to him.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, J-V said:

You've gone from "up and coming talent" to full blown internationals.

Minamino is garbage we'll get £10mill if lucky. Even Southampton didn't want to pay for him.

Up and coming talents or players they can buy cheap (or relatively cheap) and sell on at a profit thats the model they want to follow. Minamino is / might be garbage but we'd still get at least £10m as you said thats still £3m profit on him to be honest a German club would probably pay between £10-15m for him there was enquiries from there before we bought him. What im saying is FSG are trying to do it on the cheap like they did it at Red socks they buy up and coming talents (basically take a risk Van Der Berg or Elliott ) or they buy cheap and young with re sale in mind like the rest i mentioned. They need to cut the purse strings and buy Quality thats ready now regardless of re sale value.

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It's like when Hasselbaink excalimed in mock horror to Carragher, 'You must have your red hat on!' This coming from a 'pundit' who may as well turn up decked out in the John Terry Memorial Strip. And Carragher just took it, too scared that someone might mention spitting, I guess. He's so enslaved to that corporation these days he's just a helium-filled sporting Lord Haw Haw.

I think too most commentators/pundits have IQ’s in the teens. 

23 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

What sickens me listening to Carragher and Souness waving the white flag is that they don't want to explain it, they don't want to explain why the game now, dominated by owners with blood on their hands, is no real game at all. So they drone on about how great City are as if it's just down to some magical spell cast by the baldheaded genie called Pep, and that's the end of it. They can't be honest because they're employed by people who are part of the problem. So you get this practically every season now, constant complaints about FFP-conscious owners losing to FFP-go to fuck owners, and w're supposed to nod and agree it's all down to luck and effort. Pass the sick bag.

Carragher is just doing what he always does, toeing the party line because he is on thin ice and doesn't want to upset the powers that be, so he tries too hard to make sure no one can say he's a biased red shite. He looked like he absolutely bricked it when he said the Mane card shouldn't have been red and hasslebank asked if that what he really thinks or if he's saying that because it's Liverpool. Soft cunt. 

I think Souness is married to a man City fan or all of his in-laws are fans, I've seen him defending them a few times and using the usual city quotes of "breaking up the cartel" etc. He probably gets a suck treat every time he sticks up for them or something. 

29 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

What sickens me listening to Carragher and Souness waving the white flag is that they don't want to explain it, they don't want to explain why the game now, dominated by owners with blood on their hands, is no real game at all. So they drone on about how great City are as if it's just down to some magical spell cast by the baldheaded genie called Pep, and that's the end of it. They can't be honest because they're employed by people who are part of the problem. So you get this practically every season now, constant complaints about FFP-conscious owners losing to FFP-go to fuck owners, and w're supposed to nod and agree it's all down to luck and effort. Pass the sick bag.

A good post in full. They wont bite the hand that feeds them.