You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) - Sun 2nd Jan 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Although it was a good game, it's a major disappointment to draw after racing into a 2-0 lead. We just cant seem to hold onto leads although to be fair, away at chelsea is a little easier to take than 2-2 at home to Brighton or 3-3 away at Brentford.

Sky or rather neville made Kovacic MoTM because he bought a ticket in the raffle and even then needed the post to help the ball into the net? Fuck off, not having that. Apart from that what did he do as I dont recall him being instrumental during the game?

For that goal, Im surprised (well Im not but you know what I mean) that VAR decided to look at the 'offside' rather than what I think was impedment by Rudiger(?) when Kelleher goes to punch it clear. Despite him getting distance that doesnt matter, it's whether the keeper is impeded.

Pulisic is another one of those twats who hardly ever scores yet scores a thunder strike against us. See Kovacic's M.O. as well just like that Spurs cunt did at Anfield a few seasons back. Drogba used to score against us nearly every game but at least he scored against others, not like these 2 hit wonders! But the lesson here is, if you buy a ticket in the raffle, you might win a prize and, with the exception of Jota both Sadio and Mo want the ball in the box more often than not before lining up a shot.

The game got off to a lively start and I think Sadio was very fortunate not to see red in the first few seconds. Did he intend to elbow the chelsea player in the face? I dont think so but again, it's dangerous and to be honest, if that's an oppo player at Anfield, Im screaming for a red card. Some will see it different and if you're not shouting for a red card on one of ours at Anfield, I congratulate your coolness in the circumstances.

But Sadio had the last laugh, for a while anyway when he opened the scoring and leaving mendy on his arse. Then Mo pops up with another wonderful finish to make it 2. I was beginning to wonder how many we'd score so dont really get it when some have said they think we needed 4 to win today.

chelsea were still very dangerous. They have a number of good players but fuck me, Milner gives away stupid fouls in dangerous positions. If this was Lucas, he'd be getting stick. He didnt just have one go, he had two which gave taylor all the excuse he needed to blow.

Even then from the free kick, it looked like we'd cleared the ball suficiently. Kelleher under pressure got good distance only for a player who cant normally hit a barn door from 20 paces, found the back of the net from the edge of the box with the help of the post. Kelleher can rightly feel fucked off with that.

In fact, Kelleher had a very good game I thought. He didnt stand a chance with either goal and pulled off an Alli-esque point blank save in the 2nd half. His distribution was good all game and didnt recall him hooking a single kick into touch.

Tsimikas had another good game. I think he only wasted one corner, late on in the game when he was likely fucked. He was also involved with a spate from that cock Mount who had a kick at him while he was on the ground. While Sadio might be lucky to escape a sending off, Mount can feel the same here. If Sadio had walked, maybe Mount would have but you never know with taylor.

Fabinho looks raggy arsed at the moment to me. Not sure if it is still the after effects of covid but he looks like he's running through treacle in his last 2 games. I honestly dont think he's that faster than me right now. A number of times especially when he missed his tackle, he was left flatfooted by an attack.

So we've lost more ground on city which is disappointing especially as most season, getting a draw at that shithole wouldnt be seen as a bad result But the way city are dominating, draws even away ones arent good enough.

With Mo, Sadio and Keita now bound for the ACON, things could get worse although as far as the league is concerned, they'll only miss the Palace game. That will be a tough one as it's away. Unless the trio's nations get knocked out early we're going to be left with Bobby, Jota and hopefully, Div. Sorry boys but I hope none of your nations get out of the groups!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jenson said:

I know we're all biased, but Mane's challenge was as nailed on a red card as you're ever likely to see. Any other time in the game and he's off no question.

24 minutes ago, Jenson said:

I know we're all biased, but Mane's challenge was as nailed on a red card as you're ever likely to see. Any other time in the game and he's off no question.

Unless Mane puts his sweatband around the crook of his arm that is no normally formed human's elbow. Got a yellow and that's just about right, maybe a little harsh coming so early in the game.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

City would have dumped them 6 months in and bought upgrades, that's the difference between the two clubs.

Yeah, it simply comes down to giving players who haven't proven anything too many chances and not cutting the cord. We're never going to buy a bunch of players on top of a bunch of players, but at least know and admit when some players have failed and should go.

If Mane's yellow in the first few minutes is considered a red then the game has gone to the shitter. Slowing it down and looking at it from 20 angles is always going to make stuff look much worse and he got as good as he deserved with a yellow. A few years ago players would just get up instead of squealing like little girls to shit referees. Cunts should have equity cards.

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

All on him. Yeah it really was. Fucking stupid comment if there ever was one.

Stupid challenge and completely unnecessary , just when we needed to be we smart for another 5 minutes . If you cannot see that , it's your fucking problem.

So by not applying their own fair play rules they have managed to kill the premiership as a spectacle two years in a row. Interest and viewers will drop if this continues. Would not be surprised if the officials are instructed to make it a bit more interesting in the next few games or if city drop a few points to make it a bit more interesting. UAE has got a massive grip on the game now from top to bottom money is changing hands. 

Draws draws draws. Seven for Chelsea, six for us. In contrast, City have two. I don’t want to get into the reasons why. If we end up drawing at the Etihad, then it will mean that we couldn’t be separated from either Chelsea or City which is remarkable in the sense that we clearly are so far behind in spending and squad depth.

Is it just me, or was VVD a tired looking player who made some poor decisions today, including their second goal? I just don’t see how he can be playing post Covid and be fully recovered so soon. Did we have to play him? Not sure. Nat Phillips available? Matip obviously testing positive. Personally, I think we should have looked to get the game postponed based on ‘Covid & injuries’ just like every other fucker. However, that didn’t happen. 

Shit happens, and as Klopp says, players are human, but we looked a bit ‘off’ overall and Chelsea raised their game as everybody does when the Reds come to town. Trent and Mo are working so well together and our second goal was just classic.

Kelleher was awesome - what a future he’s got, and I would like to see us spend big on a right back and move Trent to RM. Trent is such an attacking player, and with that high back line, we are far too vulnerable. We lost 2 points in just 4 minutes right on half time because of a high line and poor game management. Every team we play now looks to that vulnerability. Should we change the system? I have no idea.

We go again, and with AFCON going ahead, I guess its Origi, Jota & Bobby up front from here on in, in the short term. The Ox may get a start up top, but only if 1 of the other 2 isn’t available.

Just now, Mathewbet1 said:

So by not applying their own fair play rules they have managed to kill the premiership as a spectacle two years in a row. Interest and viewers will drop if this continues. Would not be surprised if the officials are instructed to make it a bit more interesting in the next few games or if city drop a few points to make it a bit more interesting. UAE has got a massive grip on the game now from top to bottom money is changing hands. 

True , and absolutely fucking  sickening. 

10 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Sorry mate, but agree to disagree. He smashed Azpilicutea (if I've spelt that right it's a miracle) straight in the face with a forearm. Definite red card by today's rules.

Edit: was meant to quote torahboy

No need to aologise: your viewpoint is as valid as mine, but this time, incredibly, I'll go with Anthony Taylor's and VAR's decision on the incident. Maybe a word with Azpilicueta over his dreadful play acting was in order.

2 minutes ago, torahboy said:

No need to aologise: your viewpoint is as valid as mine, but this time, incredibly, I'll go with Anthony Taylor's and VAR's decision on the incident. Maybe a word with Azpilicueta over his dreadful play acting was in order.

Don't think Cesar (can't spell his surname obviously) did anything wrong really. He got a smashed in the face without doubt.

4 minutes ago, torahboy said:

My mate's dad was a season ticket holder for 50 years and used to say that he hadn't seen a free kick given against us that he agreed with since Ronnie Moran put a winger in Walton Hospital  A & E in the mid 60's. He died last year ' so there is an opening , tb.

• Upvote 1

A midfield three of thiago and fabinho plus one other is fine, wins most games. Problem is if they miss games then you need to be able to trust the guys who come in, and clearly we don't. Milner at this stage shouldn't start a big game