You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) - Sun 2nd Jan 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Integrity of the league has gone.  Both teams have had huge covid issues meaning at least 5 dropped points each by not being able to play full strength teams and having those players try come back from having covid. 

It was lost by the draw at spurs. We were never getting 5 points back on City. 
Top 4 and a trophy of some sort is now the priority. 

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

Needed to slow the game down there. 

But as I said before, we're pretty poor when we slow the game down (unless we're playing against a team that's absolutely shattered). We go deeper, we start misplacing passes, our fowards can't get away and we're very rapidly losing the initiative. So it's great after the fact to suggest that but it's ignoring the realities of experience.

Decent enough point for top four.  I can see why the Chelsea fans I spoke to were shitting it cause that’s a piss poor performance from us and they barely tested the keeper other then their goals.  Mendy was easily their best player.

Two sides playing fucking woefully.  I’m utterly sick of the sight of some of these players.  If that useless cunt oxocube could control a simple ball, we’re four on three at the death.  Milner wouldn’t get a game for Burnley.

This team is done in terms of putting any sustained title challenge in. The owners however will get every drop of blood out of it until its close to collapse and will either invest a small amount to keep top 4. They are total leeches on the club. 

The lack of investing in a team that was european and premier league champions is a fucking disgrace and they need to be called out and confronted on it. 

They spend fuck all on this club but are quite happy for go out and buy some shitty ice hockey team with less fans and worldwide appeal than Everton. 

Either concentrate on liverpool and invest to make us the best team in the world or sell up then fuck off and go buy lesser teams to fuck about with. 

Sick to my back teeth of them now. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Basically now we need to secure top 4 and have a go off the cups. All of them. 

Huge reconstruction needed in midfield. 

If Arse play like yesterday and actually finish which knowing our luck they will one Cup may well be gone on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

More dogshit served up, league well and truly gone

Jesus Christ, were you not alive or conscious during the Rafa years? Or are you craving Brendan's season long three envelope masterclass culminating in capitulation to mighty Stoke? THAT was fecking dogshit. THIS is a disappointment from an injury-hit team witnessed by some of the most spoilt brats in the north of England.

Our midfield is absolutely rancid and has been killing us all season.

The sicknotes that litter it.

The constant changes week after week.

The lack of cohesion and fluidity and understanding because of the constant changes.

Lack of legs.

Lack of creativity.

Lack of helping out with a goal or two.

All that said the league season is irrelevant now anyway, it has lost all sporting integrity with the way covid has been managed, with some teams having two week breaks, games where full strength sides face depleted by covid sides....games postponed with seemingly no consistency....games where managers are not present for one side.

Zero sporting integrity.

Europe and the cups offer some potential relief from this farce, but i dare say they will descend into similar farce yet.

Team needs a refresh and has for some time. We should have been doing it year on year and from a position of strength.

I can’t see Juergen extending and he deserves the break from all of this shit. I can’t see Salah signing an extension to be honest, and I think that FSG will happily take the cash ans say there’s your transfer budget to build a new team. With Newcastle about to enter cheat mode and Abramovic and Utd having deep pockets, I can see us scrapping for fourth and the odd

cup in a couple of years time.

1 minute ago, J-V said:

If Arse play like yesterday and actually finish which knowing our luck they will one Cup may well be gone on Thursday.

We need to win that trophy. If Klopp leaves in 2024 and he's won the CL and PL his place is cemented as a legend of this club anyway but it will feel like a massive waste of what could have been.