You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Book of Boba Fett

skend04

Just now, Strontium said:

Ep 9 Palpatine was a clone, wasn't he? And the existence of clones was mentioned in the very first Star Wars in 1977.

If you're referring to Red Letter Media theorising that Palpatine was a clone in ROTJ, I'm just not having it.  I think that RLM dude got that one wrong, it was totally cringe (in an otherwise decent review). 

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

If you're referring to Red Letter Media theorising that Palpatine was a clone in ROTJ, I'm just not having it.  I think that RLM dude got that one wrong, it was totally cringe (in an otherwise decent review). 

No, I haven't seen the Red Letter Media thing, I'm pretty sure it was in the novel of the movie where they said that Palpatine in Episode 9 was a clone, and he moved his consciousness into the clone or something after dying in ROTJ.

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

No, I haven't seen the Red Letter Media thing, I'm pretty sure it was in the novel of the movie where they said that Palpatine was a clone. 

My understanding is that this was only clarified in Episode 9.  Personally, I'm just not having it.  Palps was Palps in Episodes 1-6, he died, he's dead as fuck and the Disney Trilogy is basically a glorified fan film piece of shit in my eyes. 

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-palpatine-return-jedi-clone/

Star Wars confirms Emperor Palpatine was a clone in Return of the Jedi. The classic villain made a surprise return in The Rise of Skywalker, becoming the thread that tied all three trilogies of the Skywalker saga together. 

Obi Wan tells Luke that he fought in the clone wars with his father in a New Hope so there's at least reference to cloning in the original trilogy.

There's something in the rise of sky walker books that references he was a clone all along but given that's a retro fit I'm not sure it counts.

Quite how long the Kaminoans were pissing around with clones is anyone's guess as Palpatine was fucking about on Naboo for years before the clones were a thing.

I could just about get on board with the idea that the original trilogy's Emperor was the real one and they cloned him after that but trying to make out they were always clones is a cluster fuck of poor planning and writing.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

My understanding is that this was only clarified in Episode 9.  Personally, I'm just not having it.  Palps was Palps in Episodes 1-6, he died, he's dead as fuck and the Disney Trilogy is basically a glorified fan film piece of shit in my eyes. 

Star Wars confirms Emperor Palpatine was a clone in Return of the Jedi. The classic villain made a surprise return in The Rise of Skywalker, becoming the thread that tied all three trilogies of the Skywalker saga together. 

Well I agree that bringing Palpatine back for the last film was a pretty desperate move. One of the reasons I thought Episode 9 was a worse film than Episode 8.

Just to bring it back to the Book of Boba Fett, worth remembering that Fett is a clone too.

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

April fool 2020

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

Could they have added any more deep cuts and fan faves to that??? 
Just a pity the titular character barely featured. 

Ultimate Easter Egg jizz everywhere.  

I think Boba is going to be in Mando story long term and this is the longest/maddest/easiest way to bring him back without a sudden appearance with no back story to it. Suppose it’s more the Boba arc than an actual Boba book. 

Oh and that arrival to see Timothy. Oooft! 

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Ultimate Easter Egg jizz everywhere.  

I think Boba is going to be in Mando story long term and this is the longest/maddest/easiest way to bring him back without a sudden appearance with no back story to it. Suppose it’s more the Boba arc than an actual Boba book. 

Oh and that arrival to see Timothy. Oooft! 

Yeah. I'm getting the feeling that the two are going to be intertwined longterm.  We all knew who that was by the hat, right?  

Oh and that fella is a right twat for making them choose between one super cool item or the other!

Enjoyed that, surprising cameos all over the shop. More of The Clone Wars being brought into the live action shows.

No idea where they are going with the final episode though! 

Really want two of the characters we saw on the jungle planet to have their own show now. See where their story goes, if one of them chose to remain.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Haven't seen this yet but I had my reservations about Jake the Muss being able to headline a show, he's not the best actor. Fett was basically a helmet with Clint Eastwood's voice, and that's still how I think of the wee man.

He was good in Once were warriors though and a tour de force in Shortland Street.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Another top class episode of Mandalorian season 2.5.

I know I complain about the Star Wars universe being too small and too reliant on one family but I'd take a few seasons of Luke training young Jedi and getting into mischief.

How've they done that? (I haven't seen it), is it a new actor or that Peter Cushing style antics from Rogue One?

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How've they done that? (I haven't seen it), is it a new actor or that Peter Cushing style antics from Rogue One?

Same technique as the last episode of Mando season 3 so the actor who played the rookie X-Wing pilot from the last episode with a digital Luke mask.

Looks significantly better than it did last time but not quite at a point where you could do a whole season with it, the masking was much better.

• Upvote 1