You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Dec 20-24 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Dec 20:

So it’s business as usual then. Games will carry on and we have to play three matches in six days with a depleted squad. I don’t know what the right thing to do is, but this ain’t it. Making us (and Chelsea) play all these games right now is basically just gift wrapping the title for Man City who seem to have been completely unaffected by COVID and keep faving opponents riddled with it. Every point is going to be vital and that Leicester game next Tuesday has the potential to derail us. 

We’ve got them in the cup first though and that’s a game we can do without. I don’t want to see Salah, Mané, Jota, Hendo, Trent, Matip or Konate anywhere near that game, and even Keita, Milner and Ox should probably be kept away from it as we’re going to need them over the Christmas period, especially that two games in three days shit.

Just looking around newsnow to see what’s happening today and it’s mad the amount of trivial shit that gets turned into articles now. Trent did a piece with Sky where he was answering random questions. I watched it and was alright. But some of these little throwaway answers have been turned into individual stories. 

Sky: Whose accent would you rather have, Robbo or Hendo?

Trent: They’re both as bad as each other but I’ll say Hendo’s.

HITC.com: ‘BOTH AS BAD AS EACH OTHER’: ALEXANDER-ARNOLD MAKES CLAIM ABOUT LIVERPOOL DUO

I mean really? It gets worse though. James Maddison tweeted “what a save!” after Alisson pulled off that stop to deny Deli Alli yesterday, and that is apparently worthy of an article on more than one LFC fan site. I just don’t get it. It winds me up. 

You know what else winds me up? Dermot fucking Gallagher. He’s even worse than Peter Walton. They both talk complete bollocks and will shamelessly defend bad decisions, but Gallagher does it with a real smugness. He has some strong Tory MP vibes about him. Not even he could defend the decisions yesterday, although he certainly tried. The baldy little prick.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
56 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Brilliant that Dave there is undoubtedly an agenda against anything Jurgen says .

There seems to be a bit of a media backlash against him. In the grand tradition of the British media they’ve built him up so now it’s time to try and knock him down.

• Upvote 1

About 60 years ago there was a 'festive tradition' of playing on Christmas Day with the return fixture on Boxing Day. Jurgen must have moaned about that when he was still in the womb because that was stopped. After that there were usually a couple of games over Christmas but it wasn't too hectic because New Years Day wasn't a Bank Holiday until the 1970s so there was a break in which attention switched to the third round of the FA Cup. Now the cup is something teams have to play exhausted after 4 games in a week, so effectively the 'festive tradition' has trumped the FA Cup tradition, but no doubt Simon Jordan et al will soon be moaning about how the cup isn't what it used to be.

Actually, the really busy football period used to be Easter. The year the Reds got promoted they played 3 games in 4 days and clinched promotion on the Saturday. Two years later we played Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday, won them all and as good as clinched the title. There's hardly any football at Easter now because there are invariably CL matches in the week after Easter and of course it's the extra CL games  that have to be played these days that rule out so many midweeks and lead to the fixture congestion at Christmas. But I'm sure Talksport will find a way to pin that on Jurgen, too.

• Upvote 4

• dave u unpinned this topic