You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Nine times out of ten we win that game. We were just so wasteful throughout and that hae characterised us all season in a few of the games. Gut wrenching result. 

City are an outstanding team but they aren't as good as our great teams in the 70s and 80s. We were the best team in Europe consistently for about 8-10 years. The Mancs under Ferguson had great teams as well so it isn't be being biased. Put it like this, several of their great players under him were mentioned as possibles when we were doing the greatest players by position whether it was Schmeicheal, Keane, Ronaldo or Irwin etc Looking at City, world class players galore but only De Bruyne would be someone who you would be puting on a shortlist like that. 

I believe they will win the league but like fuck we are out of it. For starters, we beat them, it's 3 points. They will drop points so if we can stay within a few of them by our game with them, who knows. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Mane is fourth top scorer in the PL so far this season. Jota is only one goal ahead of him. I think Mane's demise is being overstated as when two of our three forwards have a stinker it seems to be Mane who is singled. Last night's loss was squarely on the midfield as a whole and the player who missed a penalty.

If you get any more madly in love with the man you'll be cleaning the bogs in his mosque.

@Ronnie Whelan

Might be doing them a tad of a disservice here. That's 45 odd years ago.

They could easily go on a roll where they win a couple CL's and a shedload of domestic trophies in the next 5 years. So players involved in that will have plenty of trophies.

As for the shortlist for them it starts around the time of Kompany and certainly includes Aguero and Silva in conversation. They were shite before that.

6 hours ago, m0e said:

There's no way we're good from corners. We get around a dozen a game and hardly score. I bet our percentage is in the bottom 3.

6 hours ago, lebron said:

We score more from set pieces than any of the other PL sides. I agree fully on your point though.

We even tried inswinging corners this time, something I'm very much in favour of. To the naked eye it soesn't seem like we're willing to sacrifice everything to get infront of our markers. Van Dijk (could be because of the injury) in particular seems content with occupying a marker rather than doing absolutely everything to lose him. Probably not fair singling him out, but add to it that he doesn't really look riight when jumping and I think you have a big part of why we don't really look threatening from our set pieces.

Could be worse, I think City have had 40 or so more corners and have scored half the goals we have...

@Code

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Last night's loss was squarely on the midfield as a whole and the player who missed a penalty.

Hahahahaha

No it wasn't. He missed an absolute sitter at a point in time that would have almost certainly won us the game.

16 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Ronnie Whelan

Might be doing them a tad of a disservice here. That's 45 odd years ago.

They could easily go on a roll where they win a couple CL's and a shedload of domestic trophies in the next 5 years. So players involved in that will have plenty of trophies.

As for the shortlist for them it starts around the time of Kompany and certainly includes Aguero and Silva in conversation. They were shite before that.

Fair point Howie. I do think that in 20 or 30 years, they could have multiple players in such a conversation. Those three lads and De Bruyne were outstanding to be fair. Hard to know if I'd have them in that kind of elite shortlist, but not far off it. I guess you could argue that all four were among the best players in the world in their position for years so that makes them part of it, no more than the great players we had, or the Mancs or Arsenal/Chelsea had.

17 hours ago, gkmacca said:

If you get any more madly in love with the man you'll be cleaning the bogs in his mosque.

I just recognise a quality player who always seems to be the first to carry the can for any defeats. As for the 'cleaning toilets in a mosque' I'd have a word with yourself. This behaviour  is also the sign of a very decent and humble human being.

22 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Mane is fourth top scorer in the PL so far this season. Jota is only one goal ahead of him. I think Mane's demise is being overstated as when two of our three forwards have a stinker it seems to be Mane who is singled. Last night's loss was squarely on the midfield as a whole and the player who missed a penalty.

Agree upon this.

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Are we proper shit now, then?  Should I be winding myself up sonething rotten?

Not quite yet. But if we loose against Chelsea, I think we’ll be proper shit. Proper shit like we were last season according to some on here, which spells Klopp’s tactics have been found out, we cant’t beat teams that park the bus, we failed to build from a position of strength by signing lots of players like the other teams do, all our players are past their peak, and they’re all shite anyway apart from Salah, the squad needs a complete overhaul which PSG the tight cunts wont pay for, so we’re both shite, found out and skint which means we’re finished.

This was the situation about 10 months ago and could soon be again.

• Upvote 1

On 28/12/2021 at 19:13, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Back  for Chelsea. Although Covid causes muscle soreness. 

Should have had a bet on this shouldn't we.....

Elsewhere, Liverpool will continue to be without Thiago Alcantara and Takumi Minamino for the journey to London.

The duo were absent from the midweek clash with Leicester City due to muscle soreness.

“I would say Taki is probably closer, he is running outside,” said Klopp. “Thiago, not yet. It means for him, it might take a little bit longer. It’s a hip issue which we don’t have an idea where it’s coming from, so we have to be a little bit patient with that.”

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Should have had a bet on this shouldn't we.....

Elsewhere, Liverpool will continue to be without Thiago Alcantara and Takumi Minamino for the journey to London.

The duo were absent from the midweek clash with Leicester City due to muscle soreness.

“I would say Taki is probably closer, he is running outside,” said Klopp. “Thiago, not yet. It means for him, it might take a little bit longer. It’s a hip issue which we don’t have an idea where it’s coming from, so we have to be a little bit patient with that.”

COVID Hip.