You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

10 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Poor performance. In fact it was a fucking awful performance against a rag tag outfit coached by a fucking rag tag manager. Writing the league off in December seems to come very easily to some of the gobshites on this site but there is a way to go and lots of games to play. City aren't infallible; they're in a strong position, but so were we last Christmas and look what happened. Anyway, for anyone feeling suicidal after tonight's result I suggest that you follow your heart. For the others, keep hope alive.

You sound like one of these "hard, old school" old guys that no one likes.

10 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

For me, it was quite galling / astonishing to think that our great 70s/80s teams (and, if I’m being fair, Ferguson’s Man Utd) would have been lucky to win 2-3 titles during those spells if a dark corruption like City had been active decades ago. 

There’s no fun in it. I’d go as far as to say that as long as top four is safe, the league should only be a priority competition until City get properly ahead (I’d say that means once you need to make up two wins to get ahead - with the inevitable goal difference advantage, that means five points) it’s entirely futile - no one has come from behind to beat them. CL and domestic cups have to take priority from that point.

Yeah its depressing.

We actually rarely lose football matches.

We score loads of goals (hadn't we scored in something like 30 straight games before tonight?) We have been setting club records for wins/unbeaten runs etc (and these are records at a club who have won loads) yet it isn't enough is it....like it wasn't enough when we got 97 pts...a total no previous champions apart from these that we are chasing again had ever got....

Its relentless, it grinds you down and for me i find it deeply depressing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, s(k)aturation said:

It wasn't our title decider.

But dropping points in a League that has Manchester City in it rarely turns out well.

They will win the title, comfortably, even though we are a good side.

City have had some weird results already. There's no certainty they won't have one or two more. As for us, we clearly have to beat them and Chelski and not slip up again. Highly unlikely but the medieval times are long gone so all the crystal ballgazers can STFU.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Yeah its depressing.

We actually rarely lose football matches.

We score loads of goals (hadn't we scored in something like 30 straight games before tonight?) We have been setting club records for wins/unbeaten runs etc (and these are records at a club who have won loads) yet it isn't enough is it....like it wasn't enough when we got 97 pts...a total no previous champions apart from these that we are chasing again had ever got....

Its relentless, it grinds you down and for me i find it deeply depressing.

I can't say I find it depressing.  I'm pissed now and moan in the thread by tomorrow I'll have moved on it's only Football and this league sold it's soul years ago.  Glad we won it when he did.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Absolute fanny parade in here.

Whatever happened to Klopp changing "doubters into believers"? 

We lost a league game, you gang of shitehouses.

The thing is if City go 6pts ahead of anyone they automatically win the league. Dems the rules. 

14 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Poor performance. In fact it was a fucking awful performance against a rag tag outfit coached by a fucking rag tag manager. Writing the league off in December seems to come very easily to some of the gobshites on this site but there is a way to go and lots of games to play. City aren't infallible; they're in a strong position, but so were we last Christmas and look what happened. Anyway, for anyone feeling suicidal after tonight's result I suggest that you follow your heart. For the others, keep hope alive.

I very rarely dish out negs, and if this is some kind of warped personal humour, you need help yourself. Negged.

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

Trent is boss, but he switches off defensively too often.

If we are being honest, it’s not just switching off - he fucks it off sometimes. He looked for lookman tonight, started to think about going with him, and jibbed it. That’s not irregular for him. For all his genius, that’s fucking frustrating.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Belarus said:

If we are being honest, it’s not just switching off - he fucks it off sometimes. He looked for lookman tonight, started to think about going with him, and jibbed it. That’s not irregular for him. For all his genius, that’s fucking frustrating.

And where was Henderson?  Nowhere as usual.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

I can't say I find it depressing.  I'm pissed now and moan in the thread by tomorrow I'll have moved on it's only Football and this league sold it's soul years ago.  Glad we won it when he did.

We couldn't even have that moment in the ground/parade etc could we!!

Personally i find it deeply depressing, maybe i shouldn't...maybe i shouldn't take it to heart so much, maybe i should grow up or something.....but i can't help it and can't help how it affects me....

Well maybe i could, but i just don't know how to or something, but whatever it feels how it does....as i was saying earlier it feels relentless week after week 'if we lose today we are fucked' and it really shouldn't be like that, but it is and then when of course it happens like tonight it feels really, really bleak.

As i said we actually rarely lose football matches....we are a very good team.

We score loads of goals (hadn't we scored in something like 30 straight games before tonight?)

We have been setting club records for wins/unbeaten runs etc (and these are records at a club who have won loads not some nomark club) yet it isn't enough is it....like it wasn't enough when we got 97 pts...a total no previous champions apart from these cheating bastards that we are chasing again had ever got....

Its relentless, it grinds you down and for me as i say i find it deeply depressing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Belarus said:

Its for that reason, I see him as a RM option, but in a midfield 3, tracking back is still very much a necessity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Hendo could have made more effort to chase the ball and fill the gap Trent left, but he shouldn’t have even broke shape and committed where he did. That was first mistake. Not puttting the effort in to track back is number 2 and also the big one.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

This is your default position every fucking game. Ive news for you, the manager doesnt agree with you overall assessment of henderson.

Anyhow: One of those games, wasnt it? We could play until tomorrow morning and we still wouldnt have scored. Leicester played like a team coming off the back of a hiding and determined not to lose again. Alehouse tactics with everyone behind the ball, throwing bodies in the way (which is their right), blatant time wasting and cheating in the second half and it's the ref's job to cut that out.

I thought Oliver was fussy all night and some of the fouls he gave leicester and not us had me scratching my head. How can a ref give one side fouls yet when they do them themselves, he waves play on. And I dont care about the head injuries shit. Yeah, if a player has clearly taken a whack on the head and is motionless on the ground, stop the game. But games are being stopped now because players are going down for the slightest touch to their head.

Getting a working stream was a bit hard so I missed the first few minutes. But from then on, apart from a couple of breakaways, I didnt think leicester troubled us. It was pretty much one way traffic towards the leicester goal and eventually, the pressure paid off when Mo was brought down in the box.

We all know the result and you began to think it wasnt going to be our night. Ive said it before but apart from putting his laces through the ball, I dont like his technique. It always seems to telegraph which way he's putting it. Schmiechel guessed the right way and it was a nice height for him. A bit higher or a bit further towards the post and even though he got hands to it, the power Mo puts in it he might not have saved it. My stream said he'd scored the last 15. That excludes the one Mo missed against Milan then, I guess?

Even then, we absolutely overran leicester for the next 15 to 20 minutes but couldnt find a way through. That's the difference between us and city. Oh, and 2 or 3 goals in the first 10 minutes or so.

2nd half waspretty much the same story until they scored. After that, leicester seemed to have a bit more belief and composure. The goal came from an inevitable breakaway. Trent cant be in 2 places at once so it bemuses me people saying where is he? Even them Matip has chance to block the ball but maybe aware he was on a yellow made him too cautious? Lesson, dont pick up a booking in the first 5 minutes.

In the league cup game, there were plenty of comments of 'Alli saves that' for each of the goals when Kelleher conceeded. Well no, he doesnt and isnt. Sorry but a keeper of Alli's class shouldnt be getting beaten on the near post like that. Some might think that's harsh but if he's a world class keeper, he needs to be making world class saves.

Once that goes in, you fear the worst. We huffed and puffed, made wrong decisions and wasted chances we should be putting away and we've dropped points to one of the teams and worse set of fans you ever wish to.

Mo still tried all 95 minutes even if the penalty miss seemed to make him less effective. Sadio, fuck me. I keep reading how well he's playing. Nope, not for me, he isnt. He's bagged some goals this season but even when he has, he hasnt looked his old self to me. Jota, nothing went for him tonight and several times teammates seemed to get in his way.

The midfield of Hendo, Fab and Ox were hardly overrun. For all the height and heading ability, neither Matip or van Dijk pose enough of a direct threat on corners. I just wish the pair of them would get their heads on more corners and test the keeper.

Is that the end of our title fight? I dont know but it's surely going to be very difficult especially as chelsea away has now become a must win. It's majorly disappointing to me the fucking EFL Cup is currently looking like our best chance to win silver right now. What a time to be alive, it's almost like the 2000's when we used to go eyeballs out to win it.

It's difficult to pick a MoTM for this game. Not because we lost but because very little came off for any of the players. I'll go with Tsimikas because his crossing was good and I dont think we missed Robbo.

Just now, Boss said:

Don't see why people are giving it the superfan routine here. We've not title challengers after tonight. It's 7 points because of the goal difference and we have to play them at the Etihad, and we're also losing players to the AFCON. It's over. 

It appears logical enough.